4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2009 8:20 PM by W_Bell

User input Text in Full Screen??

W_Bell Level 1
      I know it sounds crazy but this site has a full screen mode for the Form Mail text fields and I can't seem to get the text input feilds to accept any user input. Is this even possible as I can not get the mouse to enter the text field?
      I have made the text selectable but this will not work either. There is a variable in this text and I have also tried making it dynamic as well as user input but no go so far. I think this may be a Focus problem but not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      W Bell.
        • 1. Re: User input Text in Full Screen??
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          I'm clueless as I haven't dealt with fullscreen stuff yet, but... try reducing your screen size to the actual dimensions of the Flash file and see if that does anything to give you access. I just have a hunch that may not play out at all.
          • 2. Re: User input Text in Full Screen??
            W_Bell Level 1
            The full screen mode works off the video hardware and pixel ratio or resolution settings of your video card or monitor.
            I have mutiple pixel ratios I am working with here and when I set the size it is relative to the pixel ratio. The text fields do not seem to be accessable though. There is no way I have found to input user text in a text field while in FS mode. Someone must have tried doing this I hope. As I mentioned I think it may be a Focus issue.
            • 3. User input Text in Full Screen??
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              When you said "site" I figured you meant you were looking at it in a browser. So I was suggesting you resize the browser window (I shouldn't have said screen) to the approximate size of the actual swf as it was designed.
              • 4. Re: User input Text in Full Screen??
                W_Bell Level 1
                After more researching I find that this is prevented as a security feature and not possible unless you are using Adobe Air and the third video FS mode FullScreenInteractive. I am not sure if this can be adopted to AS2 or not.