19 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2016 3:13 AM by Just Shoot Me

Lightroom to Photoshop "Edit In" Does Not Work

Stan Burman Level 1

This is kind of a complicated issue because it seems that there are many possible outcomes depending on the order of tasks and backup drive configuration.

The fact is that I cannot accomplish a normal "Edit In" to get an image from Lightroom to Photoshop. Attempts to do this result in opening a version of Photoshop on a backup drive (if it's connected) or mysteriously failing to open the image file in Photoshop while creating (importing?) a new tiff in the Lightroom library of the image I was attempting to edit in Photoshop.

The only way I can get an image from Lightroom to Photoshop is to drag the image thumbnail from the Library Module Grid View to the Photoshop icon in the Dock. Photoshop will then open and the image file opens in Adobe Camera Raw. I then have to click on the "Open Image" button to open the image file in Photoshop.

Once I complete editing and saving the image in Photoshop I have to then manually re-import it to Lightroom.

This weird process is happening on both my MacBook Pro laptop and Mac Pro desktop. I'm still running El Capitan (OS X 10.11.6).

Is there a bug in Lightroom that Adobe is working on? Or am I stuck with this crazy process to complete the round trip from Lightroom to Photoshop and back?