Exit

Flash player installed but YouTube doesn't see it

Oct 02, 2016 Oct 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS - Windows 7 Enterprise

Browser - IE 11

Flash Player - 23 Active X & 23 NPAPI

When I try to view videos in YouTube does not matter whose videos they are I get the error message "You need Adobe Flash player to watch this video" and then refers me to the Adobe website to download and install it. But I already have it installed.

I've made sure the add ins were enabled in my browser, cleared the adobe cache, etc.

I have twice uninstalled and then reinstalled the player. It might work for a day or two and then I'm right back to this problem. Has anyone come across this before and do you have any idea how I can fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier forum thread might be useful

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already tried this when going thru all the threads. I can clearly see the animation running on the adobe website. I've also verified the setting for ActiveX filtering was not checked. Issue is still unresolved and I am stilling getting the message that I need Adobe flash player to view videos even though it is installed. Still seeking a solution to this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

youTube defaulted to the HTML5 player quite some time back and doesn't use Flash Player by default.  If you're seeing this message on youTube, something is causing your browser to want to use Flash Player instead of HTML5.  Firstly, start with Compatiblity Mode:

1. Launch IE and from the Tools menu select Compatibility View Settings
  2. Is youTube listed?  If so, remove it from Compatibility View

Another thing to check is how your browser is being identified to web page. If it's not being properly identified it can result in web-pages not displaying content correctly

1. Launch IE and navigate to What's my User Agent?
  2. Copy and paste the result in your reply (you can ignore the IP Address information)

What version of Flash Player ActiveX for IE are you using?  You mention NPAPI plugin, but IE uses the ActiveX Control, not NPAPI plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines