2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2016 12:37 AM by Roei Tzoref

I'm new to this and I need help with the scribble effect

aracelys55058932

I just go the trial version because I wanted a video editor that allows you to draw/scribble on your videos. I wanted a video editor that allows you to draw/scribble on your videos. I've never used this software before. I've been trying to find a way to just draw a figure and leave it from a starting point to an ending point of my choosing and I want the scribble to be constant but I'm also going to be making different figures for each time frames. So far the only tutorials I've seen are animations so that s not helpful. I also would like to know how I would be able to save it as a video file. Thanks!

• 1. Re: I'm new to this and I need help with the scribble effect
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You have a fundamental misunderstanding here. First and foremost AE is not a video painting software. Yes, it has paint tools, but it's not a scribbling tool or cel based animation tool or whatever. That aside, one wouldn't necessarily paint anything in AE to animate it. You might just as well use masks or shape layer paths with strokes and fills. The rest can easily be answered by reading the help insdtead of relying tutorials. You really need to start at the source, not wander off on the wrong path with misleading tutorials.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: I'm new to this and I need help with the scribble effect
            Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

If you are looking to create cel animation (frame by frame drawing of figure), you can do this in Photoshop and export as a movie with transparency and use that in your video editing software. using Ae for this without any experience with the software will be very difficult and less efficiant.