2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 9:40 AM by DEOLSEN

Drawing lags in Animate CC

DEOLSEN

Hi,

This is what happens when I try to draw in Animate CC. It happens with both the brush tool and pencil tool. These are all attempts at drawing circles.

Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 10.30.06 AM.png

Notice how the stroke lags and and makes straight lines instead. I also have Flash CS6 installed and this problem does not occur there, but CS6 crashes constantly. So right now I'm in between being able to draw but at constant risk of losing my work on CS6, OR won't lose my work but I can't draw on Animate CC, so what's the point?

I've researched this on the forums and it's a question that has been asked by many people but never answered.

I'm running OS X El Capitan v10.11.6 with a Wacom Cintiq 22HD. And yes, Animate CC and all drivers are up to date.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Drawing lags in Animate CC
          Preran Adobe Employee

From what I understand, this is a bug under investigation. The fix should be available in a future update.

• 2. Re: Drawing lags in Animate CC
            DEOLSEN Level 1

This problem has been around for a long time now. I had it happen to me back on CS3. It happens on CS6 and now on CC, still. How long has it been under investigation?

This problem doesn't happen on other people's machines, or on my last computer. It seems to only happen to some machines, so it isn't a bug that happens with every copy of Animate/Flash. Does anyone know what may cause this?