4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2016 3:30 AM by dj_paige

Cannot update LR 6

ericg73577250

I have attempted to update LR6 after reinstalling.  I have go to adobe's location to get LR 6.7 but the download package does not open and install.

• 1. Re: Cannot update LR 6
          Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Can you give us more details on what the history of this is please.

What is your OS?

Do you have Adobe CC app installed?

Can you update from the Help Menu??

• 2. Re: Cannot update LR 6
            dj_paige Level 9

What happens when you try? Error message?

• 3. Re: Cannot update LR 6
              ericg73577250 Level 1

Sorry i did not give more information.  I had to uninstall LR6 since it could no longer open my catalog despite the fact it was in the default location.  I uninstalled my current copy and reinstalled via my disk that I I have.  I am currently running Win 7 64 bit on an intel i7 processor with 16 Gig of ram.  I have attempted to update from CC but it tells me that i am up to date from Version 6.0 which is false.  I went to adobe's site where they have keeping LR up to date and down loaded 6.7 but nothing happens and if I click on the downloaded package it thinks it is adobe acrobat file that it cant open.

• 4. Re: Cannot update LR 6
                dj_paige Level 9

I had to uninstall LR6 since it could no longer open my catalog despite the fact it was in the default location.

But this means nothing to those of us reading. Tell us what happened. Tell us exactly what happened when you couldn't open your catalog. What did you see? What was the error message?

I went to adobe's site where they have keeping LR up to date and down loaded 6.7 but nothing happens and if I click on the downloaded package it thinks it is adobe acrobat file that it cant open.

This is again extremely lacking in detail. What is the exact name of the file you downloaded? What is the exact word-for-word error message?