9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2017 10:44 AM by jaredn8048938

Tricked by the Adobe Stock "Free" Trial - RUDE customer service.

jonellef41885695 Level 1

I downloaded the 10 free images and did NOT sign up for the continued use, I cancelled right away. I was still charged the $29.99 for the past two months and it over drew my bank account BOTH times. I contacted customer service and they VERY reluctantly cancelled my membership, yet refused to refund my money for something I am not even using! He only cancelled my member ship because I was able to show him that it does not show up on my creative cloud history. This doesn't make sense at all and I feel like I have been scammed.  I am appalled. I have been a creative cloud member for quite a while and I have never experienced such rude customer service. I wish there were other programs as great as photoshop because I would be cancelling that subscription as well because of this experience.

Here is a transcript from the customer service conversation...

Santhosh: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Santhosh: Hi Jonelle

Jonelle F: Hi, What happened to the note I just wrote out?

Jonelle F: I am being billed for Adobe Stock...This is the second time it has over-drawn my bank account and now I see they want me to pay over $130 to cancel?? This is not what I signed up for! I was offered a free trial and I cancelled as soon as I initially downloaded the first images.

Jonelle Fo: I pay every month for my creative cloud membership and I am not being overcharged for something I did not order, can you please help me... I have a baby to feed this is just not OKAY

Santhosh: I am reviewing your issue. Please stay online and do not close the chat window or browser in order to ensure our chat session is not interrupted.

Jonelle F: ok

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to j**@gmail.com at the end of your chat.

Santhosh: I have checked and see that under j***account you have

Santhosh: Adobe Stock - 10 images a month (one-year) and

Santhosh: Creative Cloud Photography plan (one-year).

Santhosh: Just to confirm, are you looking to cancel the plan?

Jonelle : I do not want to cancel my creative cloud photography plan. I use it for work.

Jonelle : I did not sign up to be billed for the Stock images

Jonelle : I was offered a supposedly free trial and i cancelled within the time frame

Jonelle : but now i have been billed two months in a row and both times it has overdrawn my bank account.

Santhosh: Let me transfer the chat to the cancellation team so that they can help you.

info: Please wait while we connect you to a representative.

info: You are now chatting with Singpianliu Singpianliu.
      Please don’t close the chat window or browser tab since it will end our chat session.

Jonelle : Will they see this chat or will I have to restate all of it

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Hi there.

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Thank you for contacting Adobe membership services,my name is Singpianliu.

Singpianliu Singpianliu: 

Singpianliu Singpianliu: How are you?

Jonelle : Hi, Can you see the chat from above?

Jonelle : I am not happy about what is happening with my account

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Yes I can see all of it.

Jonelle : Okay thanks. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to keep typing the same thing...

Singpianliu Singpianliu: I'm sorry to know that.

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Please allow me 1-2 minute(s) to review your account details.

Jonelle : Okay, you will see that I have not used the Stock since the initial free trial

Jonelle : I have not downloaded any of the images because I was unaware that I was signed up after I cancelled.

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Jonelle, I will check with my tools and will do my best to help you.

Jonelle : I appreciate it.

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Thanks for your patience.

Singpianliu Singpianliu: I just went through your membership details under JONELLELYNFORBES@GMAIL.COM.

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Jonelle I sincerely apologize, as this is an annual commitment if you cancel in between there will be early termination fee.

Singpianliu Singpianliu: It was not cancel within the first 30 days so as per the policy cancelation fee will be there if you do it right now.

Jonelle : I did cancelled the same day I downloaded the photos

Jonelle: If it did not go through it isn't my issue, something must have gone wrong on that end.

Jonelle : Not only did I not agree to it, I haven't even used it and it has overdrawn my bank account twice

Jonelle: I have a 17 month old child to feed I can not afford to keep having this overdraw my account

Jonelle : I am being scammed

Jonelle : I pay 9.99 single month for my creative cloud membership, how could this possibly cost 30.00 a month? this is just insane.

Jonelle : What is the number I can call to speak to a manager?

Jonelle : Or someone who can help me settle this

Jonelle: I would like to be refunded my money not only to cancel

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Sorry there is no direct number to talk to the manager.

Singpianliu Singpianliu: 1-800-833-6687

Singpianliu Singpianliu: 

Jonelle: Of course not

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Jonelle, I have check with my resources but I could not find any cancelation request/attempt made by you, so if you have any sort of case number or references number then please provide me so that I can go and check for you.

Jonelle : it doesn't even show up on my history

Jonelle : Your file was successfully uploaded: Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 5.04.54 PM.png.

Jonelle : I'm not sure if you can see the screen shot but that is all of my adobe history and it doesn't even show up on there

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Sure I will check it for you, thanks.

Singpianliu Singpianliu: I'm sorry I could not find it either.

Jonelle : Okay so is there something you can do ? Because if i can't even see it how would i even know I have it ?

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Jonelle the best thing I can do for you here is I will cancel  the subscription and as a one time exception I will waive off the cancelation charges.

Jonelle : Thank you I appreciate that

Singpianliu Singpianliu: You are welcome.

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Jonelle : It would be nice to be refunded but I will file that dispute with the bank, Thanks,

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Jonelle, we have given you an exception by waiving the cancelation fee, as per the policy of the contract you would have been charge 50% of the remaining months for cancelation, but as a goodwill gesture I have waive off that fee for you.

Singpianliu Singpianliu: I spoke to my supervisor to make that exception.

Jonelle: Okay, I appreciate that.... What is your supervisor's name?

Singpianliu Singpianliu: His name is Abhishek.

Jonelle: Is that all one name? No last name or no first name?

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Abhishek Singh.

Jonelle : Okay, thank Abhishek for me

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Oh sure I will.

Jonelle : Thanks again, I appreciate you helping me out.

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Welcome, you have a good day Jonelle, take care.

Singpianliu Singpianliu: Thank you for contacting Adobe.  We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!