3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2016 2:04 PM by Steve Grisetti

frank vS

frankv62558519

Hi,

I seem to have a strange problem with premiere elements 13.  I got all the video clips edited on the time line and it all looked great.  When I tried to publish and share, the problems started.  I was trying to burn a disc

at first it looked like the encoding/decoding was just going fine, after about 35 minutes a window popped up stating that it was burning disc one of one.  After a couple minutes however, the dvd driver opened and a window popped up stating that too much data would not fit on the disc.

It looked like the encoder/decoder never worked.

Also when I tried to save the edited version (37 minutes long) onto the computer, only sound was saved and no picture.  Than I tried to save it onto an external hard drive with the same result.  Audio only.

I am running the premiere elements 13 on windows 8.

I used to be able to burn discs just fine, so obviously something stopped working.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!!

• 1. Re: frank vS
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Hard to say without more information.

What Publish & Share selections did you make to output your disc?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is the video?

What are your Project Settings (found under the program's Edit menu)? How long is your movie before you edit it to 37 minutes?

How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive? What processor do you have and with how much RAM?

• 2. Re: frank vS
            frankv62558519 Level 1

Well,

Unfortunately there is absolutely no support from Adobe whatsoever.

I bought this product for about $100.00.

I upgraded the computer to meet the system requirements, I tried to edit videos and it worked once.

After that it stopped working.  It will not burn discs.  I brought the computer to a computer place to make sure that there is nothing wrong with it.

The computer itself is working just fine.  A couple of very short replies from Adobe and nothing helped.

Bottom line:  Adobe is raking in money by selling bad stuff.  And on top of that the customer service is terrible.

I am truly disappointed and I will probably go with GoPro editing system.

Frank

• 3. Re: frank vS
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

A good choice, Frank. It seems to better fit your workflow.