10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 1:11 AM by billc25042003

LigthRoom 5 - Mac Os Sierra

michun

One easy question... Is LigthRoom V 5.0 compatible with the new Mac Os Sierra version??

Thank U!!

• 1. Re: LigthRoom 5 - Mac Os Sierra
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Yes and No to some degree of both.

Google Lightroom 5.7.1 compatibility with OS X 10.12 Sierra. Then you will know as much as the rest of us.

• 2. Re: LigthRoom 5 - Mac Os Sierra
            Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Michun,

Greetings. Adobe does not test old versions of software against new OS releases. As old software versions will not be updated, even for newer OS's you will have to take a chance. I doubt there will be any issues but you never know.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: LigthRoom 5 - Mac Os Sierra
              billc25042003

What arrogance and complete indifference to the legitimate needs of it's customers. To those of us who have regularly purchased the latest versions of Lightroom as and when they are released makes you wonder why bother?

• 4. Re: LigthRoom 5 - Mac Os Sierra
                dj_paige Level 9

If you have LR 5.7.1, then you don't have the latest version of Lightroom. If you have the latest version of Lightroom, this has been tested with Sierra.

• 5. Re: LigthRoom 5 - Mac Os Sierra
                  Bob Somrak Level 6

Why should Adobe waste time and effort to test outdated versions with a new OS.  Should they test versions 1 thru 4 also?  Its up to the user to see if old software works with their new OS and if not than UPGRADE the software.

• 6. Re: LigthRoom 5 - Mac Os Sierra
                    billc25042003 Level 1

Do the 2 respondents to my comment work for Adobe? I am sure Adobe are rich enough and capable enough to defend their own position.

Many other software providers do update so previous version can be used.

I have not purchased the very newest version as Lightroom 5 meets my particular needs and is not so ancient that it should be disregarded.

• 7. Re: LigthRoom 5 - Mac Os Sierra
                      D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lightroom 5 is not compatible with Sierra. Color management does not work as intended, resulting in clipped blacks and shadow banding. This has been reported in several threads here recently. Lightroom 6/CC work fine.

• 8. Re: LigthRoom 5 - Mac Os Sierra
                        dj_paige Level 9

billc25042003 wrote:

I have not purchased the very newest version as Lightroom 5 meets my particular needs and is not so ancient that it should be disregarded.

Your purchase of Lightroom 5 does not provide you with support into the future beyond the time period when Lightroom 5 is the current version. If you want the latest features, and/or compatibility with the latest operating systems, you need to purchase Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC 2015.

• 9. Re: LigthRoom 5 - Mac Os Sierra
                          Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

billc25042003 wrote:

Do the 2 respondents to my comment work for Adobe? I am sure Adobe are rich enough and capable enough to defend their own position.

Many other software providers do update so previous version can be used.

Adobe Staff have badges with STAFF..... all others are users just like you as this is predominately a User to User forum.

Some people have been acknowledged by Adobe and badged ACP (Adobe Community Professional) or MVP (Most Valuable Participant).

It is impractical to spend time and resources on backwards compatibility when current and future needs are so many... Cameras and computers/devices are changing continuosly.

• 10. Re: LigthRoom 5 - Mac Os Sierra
                            billc25042003 Level 1

Geoff the Kiwi - just to let you know that I have now installed mac OS Sierra and lightroom 5 is working with no problems.