This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
I did. Does not work for what I need. Is there no built in functionality for this?
No. Not built into Flex. That component didn't work for me either, so I ended up writing my own extension of Panel which did what I needed.
Would you like to share the code? If not no worries I will just write my own.
Afraid I can't. It's owned by the company I work for. I can tell you this:
1) The first thing I did was use Doug McCune's ExtendedPanel as my base, so that I could move panel's control bar to the top of the panel: http://dougmccune.com/blog/2007/03/21/flex-panel-component-with-controlbar-docked-to-the-t op-instead-of-bottom/
2) Modified Doug's code so that the control bar lived between the panel title & the close button. Otherwise the maximize button appears under the title bar which is a non-standard user interaction.
3) I wrote some code to add the maximize/restore buttons the control bar
4) When maximize is clicked, I create a placeholder sprite that takes the place of the panel in its parent with the same dimensions. Then detach the panel, and add it directly to the stage, setting its width/height to stage.screen.width/stage.screen.height.
5) Optionally, add a resize effect to the panel, so that when maximize/restore is clicked the user has a better idea of what happened.
Thanks so much for the information Hob