6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 1:24 PM by fotoroeder

How does it work with responsive sites and inbrowserediting?

fotoroeder Adobe Community Professional

That might be a long question, maybe I did just not find the right spot to learn.

As I created a website in Muse, made it responsive: www.bit-coaches.com  ,I had to deal with some "hide in breakpoint", "hide in other breakpoints".

As I was not able to make the type layers resize at different breakpoints, I copied text layers, gave them another name (text1-1200/text1-960/text1-678/and so on)

(I added paragraph styles as well for each new text layer, of course) and made them visible in different breakpoints. The very important question: what happens to these text elements when I (or even worse-my client) wants to edit via inbrowserediting?

Also - and this might be a part of the answer - there´s a tool in the toolbar for text elements to make attributes to text unique per breakpoint or across all breakpoints.

So far (mac_heibu once tried to explain this to me/us) I did not get the difference between the two settings. Does one of them make text resize?

Because then I could take only one text layer through all breakpoints and the question would be obsolet, right

The same question belongs to my own website, that I wanted to upload soon:  home

Although it is just little text on the landing page, I want to make it appear as best and readable as possible. So I had to change size and settings several times.

Thanks in advance

uwe