1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 4, 2016 3:33 PM by Peru Bob

Slide clip to create a transition?

msfox1

I am coming from Sony Movie Studio.  In that program I can slide a clip on the timeline to over another clip and create a cross-fade transition for both audio and video.  In PE, the only way I have found to do this is to drag a transition only the junction between two clips, and I have to do audio and video separately.  I like the MS way much better.  It is possible to do this in PE?

A similar thing is when I want to fade to back at the end of a project, in MS I can just drag an envelope down on the end of the clip, can't seem to do this in PE.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Slide clip to create a transition?
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

msfox1 wrote:

I am coming from Sony Movie Studio. In that program I can slide a clip on the timeline to over another clip and create a cross-fade transition for both audio and video. In PE, the only way I have found to do this is to drag a transition only the junction between two clips, and I have to do audio and video separately. I like the MS way much better. It is possible to do this in PE?

No, I'm afraid not.

A similar thing is when I want to fade to back at the end of a project, in MS I can just drag an envelope down on the end of the clip, can't seem to do this in PE.

.You can add a crossfade audio transition at the end or keyframe the volume.