4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2017 3:30 PM by Kevin-Monahan

Adobe Application manager..........

Connor912

Ok so i bought adobe after effects and when i first installed it everything was fine and dandy but bam, out of nowhere Application manager would say its broken or missing. I would re-download it and it would work fine for a little then again, application manager is [expletive deleted]ing broken or missing. Same goes for [expletive deleted]ing creative cloud, i would install that and get after effects working and again, it would work fine for a little and when i close creative cloud and open it back up to continue what i was doing, after effects it magically uninstalled itself.

Is there a fix for this [expletive deleted] show that doesn't involve me having to keep installing everything 100 times a day.

For a company like adobe i should be able to use the product i pay monthly for and not have install everything time i want to bloody use it.

Sorry for the language but their online chat support is 0 help and its not worth giving money to a company when i cant use their product.

[Edited by moderator for some (quite understandable) language]

• 1. Re: Adobe Application manager..........
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You can use language all you want, but you haven't given anyone anything to work with. Nobody can tell you anything without proper system info or other technical details. And contrary to what you may think, this is not Adobe directing their malice towards you, this is a specific local problem on your computer with something messing things up. So start by thinking about what could have changed, check your system logs and so on and provide the necessary info.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adobe Application manager..........
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is the kind of technical problem that Adobe technical support is usually good at. They can take control of your computer and look for the problem - and often solve it - themselves. So, if you had one bad chat experience, I'd suggest you try calling them. Again, this is the kind of stuff they're often best-suited for.

This is not an issue that happens for a lot of people. In fact, this is the first time I've heard of this kind of issue; something is awry on your end, so either give us more information to work with to try to solve your problem or call Adobe support and let them give it a go.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Adobe Application manager..........
              DWTommy

wrong - this is an issue EVERYONE has ... it's pitiful. Chat screwed up my computer so bad it took me a week to get it straightened out. I never had any problems until one day app manager somehow snuck into the scene. Now I enter serial numbers multiple times per day regardless of the fact that I had just used AE 5-minutes ago. App manager for CS6 stand alone products shouldn't even be in the equation for enabling an app unless you're using CC.It's supplied with a serial number so why the heck is app manager getting in the middle and keeping AE from opening???

• 4. Re: Adobe Application manager..........
                Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi DWTommy,

Sorry for the frustration. You may want to completely uninstall all Adobe software and reinstall to be free of this issue. Let us know if you continue to face difficulties. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
                Kevin