Select a one or more images, then drag the thumbnail (not the gray border) to the collection.
1 person found this helpful
and some more info- if you care to read.
Add images to a collection-
1. Drag & Drop with the mouse cursor by click & hold on an image thumbnail, (NOT the preview grey border)
Drag to hover the cursor over the collection name until it shows a lighter shade of grey with image icons being added, then release mouse button.
2. Keyboard shortcut [B] bounces a selected image to the ‘Target’ collection, or
3. Click the grey dot in the upper corner of the image thumbnail (Requires Info toggled 'on' by key press [J] )
4. Or- Create the Collection with check box ticked to "Add selected images"
* Images in “Collections” are just links to the original preview images.
* (the are not copies, not files, not images.)
* edits made to images in a collection changes the image in the library grid view also.
* ”virtual copies” can also be placed in a collection (edits change the virtual copy only)
* Pressing [Delete] will remove selected images from a collection.
* Right-click a collection to delete it. Deleting a collection does not delete images, or virtual copies.
* In library view- Click a ‘collection’ badge on an image to show the collection name where that image has been added.
* Collections can be created from selected images as “all virtual copies” by ticking the “virtual” box.
* Collections can be gathered in a “collection set” folder. (it appears like a ‘shoe-box’ icon.)
* Images cannot be added to a "collection set” folder.
* Collection folders can be dragged into a ‘master’ collection Set folder.
* Collections- sort alphabetically and numerically.
* A “Quick Collection” is the default that exists in the “catalog” panel.
* “Smart” and “Standard” collections exist in the “collections” panel.
* A "Target collection"- is indicated with [+] symbol on the end of the collection name.
* Set a collection as the "Target Collection" by a right-click option, or when a new collection is created.
* The “Quick collection” in the catalog panel is the default “target” collection, unless you define another as the target.