2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2009 8:36 AM by Mainmanian

Video capture devices and Flex

Mainmanian
      Hi, I have a Flex streaming application that captures camera video devices and streams using FMS 3.5. Today, I was playing around with FMLE and it captured the TV card I have in my computer. I tried my video object in my Flex app to capture the same TV card that FMLE captured, but to no avail. Does any one know why the stream from my TV card is available to FMLE and not to my Flex app? I tried the getCamera and I pointed to the TV device, but it did not get the stream. I appreciate if anyone has an insight into this. Thanks
        • 1. Re: Video capture devices and Flex
          Level 7

"Mainmanian" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gnthjl$5qs$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi, I have a Flex streaming application that captures camera video devices
          > and
          > streams using FMS 3.5. Today, I was playing around with FMLE and it
          > captured
          > the TV card I have in my computer. I tried my video object in my Flex app
          > to
          > capture the same TV card that FMLE captured, but to no avail. Does any one
          > know
          > why the stream from my TV card is available to FMLE and not to my Flex
          > app? I
          > tried the getCamera and I pointed to the TV device, but it did not get the
          > stream. I appreciate if anyone has an insight into this. Thanks

Probably FMLE (whatever that is) has acess to the system in ways that Flex
          doesn't.

• 2. Re: Video capture devices and Flex
            Mainmanian Level 1
            Sorry about that. FMLE is Flash Media Live Encoder, which is a free Adobe encoding software that can encode a live stream.