3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 4:58 AM by BobLevine

InDesign/InCopy for newspaper

conorc77727190

Hi there,

I'm looking for some advice on whether InDesign/InCopy could be a possible publishing solution for our newspaper group.  I'm having difficulty finding out how it would work.  Can anyone shed any light?  It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: InDesign/InCopy for newspaper
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

It would work beautifully but I would recommend some training. In the mean time, and before you dive in, ...Anne-Marie Concepcion has some fabulous stuff on lynda.com. If you don't have a subscription, this link will get you a 10-day trial: lynda.com library | Trial Subscription.

If you have specific questions, fire away.

• 2. Re: InDesign/InCopy for newspaper
            conorc77727190 Level 1

Hi Bob,

Thanks for coming back to me.  We currently use InDesign in house and our designers are pretty proficient however we are in the process of looking to replace our Editorial system.  In an attempt to keep things simple between our Editorial team and Design team I was hoping InDesign/InCopy would be the answer.  I'm trying to get my head round the logistics of it.  We've been using a database system where all our Editorial content is stored but if we went down this line would we be back to pulling content onto templates stored in folders, located on servers?

• 3. Re: InDesign/InCopy for newspaper
              BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Is everyone local? If so, a server that everyone could access would be the easiest way to handle this. Everyone needs access to all of the data.

Like I said originally, I recommend some training. Having someone available to assist in getting you up and running would be an investment, not an expense. Start with the lynda stuff by Anne-Marie which will give you some great background.