7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 7:07 AM by angèlev96276835

Adobe dng converter for new camera

angèlev96276835

hello, I' m using a registrated version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5. I bought a new camera (Sony dsc rx10 m3) wich is not campatible with this version of Lightroom. First at version 6.3 Now I read on the site of Adobe I can use the download adobe dng converter (for Mac Os); but when Intry to do so the page says 'sorry, this page is unavailable'. Can somewhone tell me what I can do tot use Lightroom in my version 5 wiht my new camera?

• 1. Re: Adobe dng converter for new camera
          dj_paige Level 9

Download the DNG converter from

Product updates

• 2. Re: Adobe dng converter for new camera
            angèlev96276835 Level 1

Thank you it works partly. Now I can load the jpg files into Lightroom but not the arw (raw) files. Its say ‘ preview not available for this file’  ad the raw files are just the files I wanna work with. My new camera Sony dsc rx 10 3m has the name arw files for raw files but the extensions are the same. Thanks for your answer, greetings Angel from Holland.

Op 5 okt. 2016, om 14:42 heeft dj_paige <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

Download

• 3. Re: Adobe dng converter for new camera
              dj_paige Level 9

That's what the DNG converter does. It  creates DNG files that can be imported into Lightroom. It doesn't change the RAW files in any way, those RAW files cannot be imported into your version of Lightroom.

• 4. Re: Adobe dng converter for new camera
                angèlev96276835 Level 1

Thank you, so I understand I have to buy a whole new version of Lightroom version 6 and upgrade tot 6.3 just to load te raw files from my new camera? I am not happy at all with that. But thanks very much for your quick en nice answer.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Op 5 okt. 2016 om 15:18 heeft dj_paige <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

created by dj_paige in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

That's what the DNG converter does. It  creates DNG files that can be imported into Lightroom. It doesn't change the RAW files in any way, those RAW files cannot be imported into your version of Lightroom.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9048589#9048589 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9048589#9048589

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• 5. Re: Adobe dng converter for new camera
                  dj_paige Level 9

Thank you, so I understand I have to buy a whole new version of Lightroom version 6 and upgrade tot 6.3 just to load te raw files from my new camera? I am not happy at all with that.

Yes, that's what you'd have to do. Adobe also gives you a FREE option (the DNG Converter). Those are your choices.

I understand you're not happy, but that's the way Adobe has always done it, that's how other software manufacturers do it, and I it's not going to change.

• 6. Re: Adobe dng converter for new camera
                    elie_di Level 3

"Thank you, so I understand I have to buy a whole new version of Lightroom version 6 and upgrade tot 6.3 just to load te raw files from my new camera? I am not happy at all with that."

No, you do not have to do that. It is one of your options, but not the only one. Another option is to use the FREE Dng Converter (version 9.3 or later) to convert your .arw files to .dng files, save the original .arw files elsewhere as backups, and import the .dng files into Lightroom 5.

• 7. Re: Adobe dng converter for new camera
                      angèlev96276835 Level 1

Thank you very much! Thats what I am going to do! Great solution!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Op 5 okt. 2016 om 16:01 heeft elie_di <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

created by elie_di in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

"Thank you, so I understand I have to buy a whole new version of Lightroom version 6 and upgrade tot 6.3 just to load te raw files from my new camera? I am not happy at all with that."

No, you do not have to do that. It is one of your options, but not the only one. Another option is to use the FREE Dng Converter (version 9.3 or later) to convert your .arw files to .dng files, save the original .arw files elsewhere, and import the .dng files into Lightroom 5.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9048738#9048738 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9048738#9048738

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences