2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2008 8:12 AM by Newsgroup_User

Use Flash MXP Component in Flex

Game_Developer
      Hello All
      I got a problem in implementing Flash Wall3d component which is provided by flashloaded.com in the Flex. I have built this Flash Component to Flex Component. And working fine in the Flex as well.

Problem raising : I want to extend the functionality of this Flash Wall3d for my Project. But this Wall3d is only for Images. I need to dispatch the event when user click over the thumbnail and i need to catch this event in the Flex and use this event for my customize use.

Please help

Regards
      Sm
        • 1. Re: Use Flash MXP Component in Flex
          rtalton Level 4
          Define a custom event in the custom component, and dispatch it to the app when a thumbnail is clicked. A listener in the app should handle it from there.
          See: "Creating and Extending Adobe Flex 3 Components" in the help docs for examples on how to do this.
          • 2. Re: Use Flash MXP Component in Flex
            Level 7

"Game Developer" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gja33a$12g$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hello All
            > I got a problem in implementing Flash Wall3d component which is provided
            > by
            > flashloaded.com in the Flex. I have built this Flash Component to Flex
            > Component. And working fine in the Flex as well.
            >
            > Problem raising : I want to extend the functionality of this Flash Wall3d
            > for
            > my Project. But this Wall3d is only for Images. I need to dispatch the
            > event
            > when user click over the thumbnail and i need to catch this event in the
            > Flex
            > and use this event for my customize use.

I have already wrapped this component into a Flex component, and the deal
            that I have with the client is that I own the work I did in creating that
            wrapper, so I can resell it or offer consulting services based on that work.
            If you'd like to take advantage of that, you can contact me at amy at
            magnoliamultimedia dot com.

Otherwise, listen for the Wall3DEvent.ELEMENT_SELECTED. My custom component
            has a property that gives you back exactly the object you put in, but if you
            use the 3DWall exactly as it is, you'll need to figure it out based on what
            you put in to it.

HTH;

Amy