9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 7:31 AM by ssprengel

Lightroom CC 2015.7 - Page setup

spirosl2923832

I have recently updated to current release of LR CC 2015.7 and the Print Module page setup will not respond to Landscape mode. Any ideas how to get it working again?

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC 2015.7 - Page setup
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi spirosl,

Please provide some more detail.

• What is the current layout selected in Lighgroom?
          • Are you using a Mac or Windows computer?
          • In Page Setup (Bottom Left of Left Panel) ,What Page size have you selected?
          • Post a screenshot of the Page setup panel from Lr here.

Regards,

Akash

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC 2015.7 - Page setup
            spirosl2923832 Level 1

Hi Akash,

Here are the settings as requested:

- Single Image/Contact Sheet

- Windows 10 - By the way today was the annual Microsoft update

- A4

- Here is screenshot with photo

LR 2015.7 - Screenshot Print Module.PNG

Thanks for your assistance

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC 2015.7 - Page setup
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The paper is always shown as vertical in the print module because that is how it feeds out of the printer so I’m not sure what effect Portrait vs Landscape in the printer driver, has.

You haven’t shown us any of your LR print settings from the righthand panel in the Print module, only your printer dialog, but my guess as to what is wrong is you need to select automatically Rotate to Fit, and maybe Zoom to Fill, and also may need to change the photo-cell size so that the margins are smaller and then photo will get automatically rotated to fit the larger cell size if they are smaller, originally.

• 4. Re: Lightroom CC 2015.7 - Page setup
                spirosl2923832 Level 1

I have been working with LR for a while now. I had/have LR 5 and upgraded to LR CC 2015 recently. In both versions i found the Print Module useful for soft proofing to get a quick idea of where I was heading. I do not know what has happened that has changed this. Perhaps today's Windows 10 update has changed something somewhere. I am attaching two screenshots which I have just created in LR 5 so that you can check out what I had. The shortcut for the landscape or portrait effect in  Print Mode is Shift+Tab+Alt O (portrait) or A (Landscape). This is very fast and very useful. All of a sudden today it disappeared.

LR 5 - Screenshot Print Module - 2.PNGLR 5 - Screenshot Print Module - 1.PNG

• 5. Re: Lightroom CC 2015.7 - Page setup

Actually you're right about Page Setup at the lower left (which I never click) changing the orientation of the preview in LR.

Is that all that is wrong for you, the orientation isn't horizontal for horizontal photos, or is the margin still too big?  If the latter can we see an full LR screenshot that shows the righthand side, including the Image Settings and Layout sections, like this:

• 6. Re: Lightroom CC 2015.7 - Page setup
                    spirosl2923832 Level 1

Sorry for the delay in replying but I am in Greece so had to shut down for the night. The problem is the Page Setup on the left. Also there seems to be a problem with the Cell Size on the right. The width will only go up to a maximum of 7.76 in so it will always remain in Portrait mode. Here is a full screen of all settings. I have also in the last couple of days updated LR CC so it could be that there is a bug in this area in the last update.

LR 2015.7 - Screenshot Print Module - 1.PNG

• 7. Re: Lightroom CC 2015.7 - Page setup

If you print with the settings you have set in your screenshot does the print come out ok and the preview is the only thing that is off?  The width being smaller than the height seems right to me since the preview is narrower than tall.

I have the latest update and it is working for me.  First I tried changing to Landscape in Print... then quickly cancelled, then changed to Landscape in the Page Setup then the display switched as in my screenshot.  Maybe try setting Lanscape in Printer..., start a print then cancel, then change to Landscape in Printer Setup.

• 8. Re: Lightroom CC 2015.7 - Page setup
                        spirosl2923832 Level 1

Many thanks for your assistance and you time on this. I have tried all you have said but it just does not want to work. I think at this time I will give up as I have wasted too much time trying to get it to perform as before. Hopefully somewhere down the line it will correct somehow.

Regards/Spiros

• 9. Re: Lightroom CC 2015.7 - Page setup

For me LR CC 2016.7 does perform the same way as you describe LR 5 working so there is hope.