1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 8:42 AM by m_vargas Branched from an earlier discussion.

unable to install Flash Player on Mac - certificate not trusted

jreczek88

Early 2015 Mac book air, having an issue downloading the latest flash player. When through all the steps to do a clean install, enabled browsers, even tried the offline installer link. I still cannot get the flash player to install. Not even with the work around. Using Safari 10.0,

Firefox 49.01, I have chrome but dont use the flash player that often.

The following link has my compressed logfiles that you have requested I hope this helps. I need flash player to continue working from home. Shared Files - Acrobat.com

• 1. Re: unable to install Flash Player on Mac - certificate not trusted
          m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi,

I branched your post to a new topic as the error causing the failure is not related to the topic you posted to.  Looking at the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file, the error is:

<excerpt>

2016-10-04 20:40:27 -0400 [I]  IM: [install started]

installer: Package name is Adobe Flash Player

installer: Certificate used to sign package is not trusted. Use -allowUntrusted to override.

</excerpt.

'installer' is a macOS utility app used to extract and install files.  Based on this error, the Installer utility app is erroneously detecting the Flash Player signing certificate is not trusted.  This is an issue with your system, not the installer itself.  Please see  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1651963 for assistance.  If this doesn't work, I would recommend contacting Apple for assistance as this is an issue with your system, and not Flash Player.

You can verify the Flash Player is correctly signed by doing the following:

- Mount the Flash Player installer DMG

- Launch Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app)

- type:  codesign -vvd <path to Installer.app>

- you can drag and drop the installer app onto the Terminal window to get the entire path

- hit enter key

- Result: Amongst other output, the following Authority info will display, indicating the installer is signed by Adobe:

Authority=Developer ID Application: Adobe Systems, Inc.

Authority=Developer ID Certification Authority

Authority=Apple Root CA

--

Maria