1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 10:37 PM by Mylenium

Dangle Effect outside of Character Animator

Devin Sanders

I'm doing an animation with several female characters Rigged as puppets in after effects and was wondering if there is a way to make their hair and dresses react to movement so when they bob their head it flows and bounces into place, or their dress doesn't look completely stiff. The Dangle effect in Character Animator does this perfectly, but my character rigs are a little too complex to do inside there for most of my stuff. see: Making Your First Character (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial) - YouTube Is there a tool or an equation that would create that illusion of physics? I know I can if I go down to key frames and tweak it with each movement, but if there's an easier way, that would save a ton of time.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Dangle Effect outside of Character Animator
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

AE has no built in physics. You will need to buy the Newton 2 plug-in. Otherwise distortion effects like Bezier Warp and of course the puppet tool can deal with some of that stuff and do not necessarily require lots of keyframes. Of course all sorts of expressions can help as well, but that would require to know the exact structure of your project.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful