2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2009 5:33 AM by Newsgroup_User

creating webpage in fireworks CS3. Is text searchable by search engines?

Hello all,

I started using fireworks cs3 to design webpages. I've been using Dreamweaver cs3. I'm new to the whole flash designing. When you put text and images to design your whole layout, is the text searchable by search engines?

I noticed that once you save your file as a swf when you open it you can't highlight any text to copy? I was wondering how I would go about putting the meta tag info in and make the text so the search engines would be able to scan the pages to pull up in search results?

Thank you all!
        • 1. Re: creating webpage in fireworks CS3. Is text searchable by search engines?
          Level 7
          No, text in images and flash files are not searchable.

"ttech7" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:go028j$cic$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello all,
          >
          > I started using fireworks cs3 to design webpages. I've been using
          > Dreamweaver
          > cs3. I'm new to the whole flash designing. When you put text and images
          > to
          > design your whole layout, is the text searchable by search engines?
          >
          > I noticed that once you save your file as a swf when you open it you can't
          > highlight any text to copy? I was wondering how I would go about putting
          > the
          > meta tag info in and make the text so the search engines would be able to
          > scan
          > the pages to pull up in search results?
          >
          > Thank you all!
          >

• 2. Re: creating webpage in fireworks CS3. Is text searchable by search engines?
            Level 7
            FW can be used to create prototype HTML pages, but those should never be
            used for real production work. The code is fragile and sub-optimal (as is
            any wizard-based HTML). Your graphics application should be used to produce
            the images used on the page, which is created in Dreamweaver.

--
            Murray --- ICQ 71997575
            Adobe Community Expert
            (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
            ==================
            http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            ==================

"ttech7" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:go028j$cic$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hello all,
            >
            > I started using fireworks cs3 to design webpages. I've been using
            > Dreamweaver
            > cs3. I'm new to the whole flash designing. When you put text and images
            > to
            > design your whole layout, is the text searchable by search engines?
            >
            > I noticed that once you save your file as a swf when you open it you can't
            > highlight any text to copy? I was wondering how I would go about putting
            > the
            > meta tag info in and make the text so the search engines would be able to
            > scan
            > the pages to pull up in search results?
            >
            > Thank you all!
            >