6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2017 9:30 PM by ardas13343740

Lightroom 6 - GoPro Hero 5 RAW (*.GPR)

s+hphotos Level 1

Does Lightroom 6 support the RAW file *.gpr of the GoPro Hero 5? If not is that in planing.

I´ve got my new GoPro Hero 5 yesterday, but in Lightroom you can only import the RAW Files, but there is no possibility to work with these files.

Thanks a lot for answers.

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 - GoPro Hero 5 RAW (*.GPR)
          dj_paige Level 9

You need Lightroom 6.7 or Lightroom CC 2015).7 (which is a free update if you have any version of Lightroom 6/Lightroom CC 2015).

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom 6 - GoPro Hero 5 RAW (*.GPR)
            s+hphotos Level 1

Thanks a lot, it works!!

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6 - GoPro Hero 5 RAW (*.GPR)
              chadg44213200 Level 1

I just bought the Hero 5 and am using CC 2015.7 but am confused on how LR is handling the files.  If I import the .gpro file it shows the Hero 5 under Camera Calibration but won't let me do anything specifically with it.  Under this format, GoPro isn't an option under Lens Correction.  If I import the .jpg file it allows me to choose GoPro in the Lens Correction section, although the Hero 5 option isn't available.

Any guesses?

Ultimately I would like to import the file in raw format and be able to correct for the fish eye through lens correction but it's not giving me a good option to do it.

• 4. Re: Lightroom 6 - GoPro Hero 5 RAW (*.GPR)
                johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

There have been a few questions here about lens profiles and correction for the Hero5.  I can't find any sample .gpr files online -- perhaps you could upload a sample to Dropbox (or similar) and post the sharing link here?  That would likely immediately narrow down your issue.

• 5. Re: Lightroom 6 - GoPro Hero 5 RAW (*.GPR)
                  johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

Under this format, GoPro isn't an option under Lens Correction.  If I import the .jpg file it allows me to choose GoPro in the Lens Correction section, although the Hero 5 option isn't available.

Ignore my last response, I was tired.

LR CC 2015.7 / 6.7 supports the new Hero5 raw format (.gpr): Cameras supported by Camera Raw

But Adobe hasn't yet released lens profiles for the Hero5, either raw or JPEG: Supported lenses. Note that JPEG and raw formats have separate lens profiles. Adobe oftens provides the raw profile for a lens but not the JPEG profile. Previous Hero models only shot in JPEG, so the lens profiles for those models were just for JPEG.

One thing to check: Sometimes the manufacturer includes the lens profile in the raw file.  In this case, the Lens Correction panel in Develop will say "Built-in Lens Profile applied":

Do you see that when you Develop a .gpr file?

Since the Hero is a very popular line of cameras, we might see JPEG and/or raw lens support for the Hero5 in an upcoming release. Adobe releases a new version of LR CC 2015 / 6 every 52 days on average. So we might see 2015.8 / 6.8 middle of November.

• 6. Re: Lightroom 6 - GoPro Hero 5 RAW (*.GPR)
                    ardas13343740 Level 1

Hello I have Wİndows8.1 and I cant update my lightroom. Its already 6.0