2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2009 9:47 AM by swdweb

Need help asap!!!

swdweb Level 1

I have been searching and searching and searching for a tutorial for Flash CS4 - or even CS3, on how to create "flying paper" effects. Here are two links with examples of what I am looking to create:

http://www.template-help.com/screenshots/17400/17498.html

http://www.template-help.com/screenshots/18100/18130.html

I am NOT looking to create a "turning page" like you would see in a book, or a "peeling page" like a sticky note. I want to create pretty much exactly what is in these two links I have provided, but I want to create them myself and give it my own motion.

I have been looking for weeks for something and the only thing I've come across that is exactly what I want is on flashden.net where someone is selling the page transitions - I don't want to buy it, I want to learn it. I know someone can teach it because I see it everywhere....can someone please just point me to the right place? Please.

Thank you
        • 1. Re: Need help asap!!!
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Try to create it based on what you see. Play with animating a shape that has its shape tweened at the same time... but still keep looking if the effect isn't coming out to what you want.

I don't think you'll find a tutorial specifically for this effect, sometimes the best way to learn is by doing.
          • 2. Re: Need help asap!!!
            swdweb Level 1
            I've been trying to do shape and motion tweens, messing with the motion editor (which is limited) and the motion presets (which are also limited). But I can't get it to actually have the paper "flip" over...I don't want it to look like it's "folding". More like a feather type motion....I use the free transform with envelope and distort and I still can't get it to look how I want it....I must be doing something wrong. Very very very frustrating. If anyone else can help me out, I could really use the help - someone's gotta know how to do it, or it wouldn't be out there....