4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 5:26 AM by Rick Gerard

Invisible text CC 2015.2

grandill Level 1

Hello guys,

I've been working on a project and today when I wanted to continue and made a new text layer, the text didn't show up. If I make a new comp the text still won't show up. It's not under anything, not set to black, no 0% opacity. I've reseted the character and paragraph still doesn't show. The version of AE is 13.7.0.124. got it re-installed btw. I can see the text boundaries, as in the red squares on the corners, but can't see the text. Is it set on some invisible new setting?

Much appreciated!

• 1. Re: Invisible text CC 2015.2
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

First update your software to 13.7.1 if it's Windows or 13.7.2 if it's Mac. You do that through the cc app. If that does not help show us a screenshot of your full Ae interface. Set the background to transparent and on your text layer type UU to see all modified properties.

• 2. Re: Invisible text CC 2015.2
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If AE is up to date (and from your headline it is not) and you have successfully created text layers before try this:

First, reset the Character Panel by clicking the three little lines for the Character Panel options at the top of the Character Panel.

Second, Shift + Alt/Option + Ctrl Cmnt + t to create a new text layer with the text tool selected

Third, Type something.

If you can't see the text enable the transparency grid. If you still can't see the text close AE and re-launch. If you still can't see the text, reboot and try again. If you still can't see the text

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Invisible text CC 2015.2
              grandill Level 1

I don't want the updated version, because it crashed on a few projects, this one was the most stable for me. Gerard, have you read the first post? I did those already...

L.E. I actually reinstalled again the AE, and it worked. It appeared only after I reseted the character. I actually did this before the reinstalls, so I don't know the possible general fix for the issue.

• 4. Re: Invisible text CC 2015.2
                Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I read your post. The build you are using has bugs. If you see no text after rebooting then there is something wrong with your fonts or your graphics adaptor. I always post so someone else reading the thread may also get an answer. If there is something wrong with your composition, you said you added new text layers but didn't show us the comp or indicate what was going on inside the comp, we can't possibly have any meaningful suggestions. To trouble shoot try a new comp in your existing project with nothing but a text layer. If that doesn't work try a new project. If that doesn't work try updating. That's all the suggestions that I have for you.