4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2016 7:11 PM by wackocrash5150

Lightroom Mobile on iPhone not syncing to cloud

larsr78317482 Level 1

Hi there

I have been shooting Raw files with the Lightroom app on the iPhone 7 Plus. As those files do not appear in the Camera Roll, it seems the only way to transfer them to a PC is via syncing to the Lightroom Desktop application. I have signed up to a trial to check this process out and am now also running Lightroom on my Windows 10 Laptop.

However, for some reason I cannot get the syncing to work. Whenever I hit the cloud symbol in the app I get the message "Uploading...34 pending"

Is there any obvious reason why this should not work?

Is there any way to sync the files to the PC via USB?

any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Lars

• 2. Re: Lightroom Mobile on iPhone not syncing to cloud
          D.A.R Adobe Community Professional

larsr78317482 wrote:

I have been shooting Raw files with the Lightroom app on the iPhone 7 Plus. As those files do not appear in the Camera Roll, it seems the only way to transfer them to a PC is via syncing to the Lightroom Desktop application. I have signed up to a trial to check this process out and am now also running Lightroom on my Windows 10 Laptop.

Correct.

However, for some reason I cannot get the syncing to work. Whenever I hit the cloud symbol in the app I get the message "Uploading...34 pending"

This means it has counted 34 images that have not been uploaded to the Cloud and will upload them.

Note: The application has to be active in order to complete uploading. It does not run in the background.

Is there any obvious reason why this should not work?

Is there any way to sync the files to the PC via USB?

No to the first point.

No to the second point. Okay, you could share each file individually and save to camera roll then sync to a PC/Mac but thats tedious and none of your edits will be "editable"

We need to verify that they aren't actually uploading.

Log in to www.lightroom.adobe.com and access your account. Any images?

If they are not transferring to your PC make sure sync is turned on. Under the nameplate upper left of the Lr window click and see if Lightroom Sync is on. Press start if not.

sync.jpg

Let us know if this helps

• 3. Re: Lightroom Mobile on iPhone not syncing to cloud
            larsr78317482 Level 1

Thanks for this, and sorry, took me some time to have another look. Unfortunately it is not syncing. On lightroom.adobe.com all the images are shown as "syncing" but nothing is happening, not even thumbnails are showing. On the phone it keeps saying "pending" without any change in the number of images.

On the other hand some information appears to be transmitted, because the cloud knows how many pictures there are and it also seems to know the aspect ratio of those. A few of the gray boxes that represent the unsynced images are in panorama format, so I assume, the interface already knows that these images are panos. Still, something appears the actual image data to be prevented from syncing. Is there anything I can do?

• 4. Re: Lightroom Mobile on iPhone not syncing to cloud
              wackocrash5150 Level 1

I am having this very same issue.  Online shows proper number of thumbnails but rather than the actual thumbnail, just shows a cloud with a lightning bolt.