11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2016 10:06 AM by Sue Garibaldi

Capture creates multiple "recovered" folders on my Galaxy phone

CKSSmith Level 1

I am really enjoying getting to grips with Capture on my Galaxy A3 phone but I find the libraries it creates frustrating.

It seems to have a habit of creating a folder with the word "recovered" attached to it multiple times.

For example I created a folder "Sissinghurst" this morning before creating around half a dozen colours and patterns. Before I knew it the folder had been replaced by "Sissinghurst Recovered Recovered" and by the time I have finished taking photos the word Recovered had appeared around 9 or 10 time in the name of the folder. It is weird.

What's the fix for this?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Capture creates multiple "recovered" folders on my Galaxy phone
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi CK,

A quick question: Is this happening with every single library you create? Or has it happened with one that continues to get renamed? I'm asking because we've seen corrupted libraries...  but not multiple corrupted libraries.

* Try creating a new library and moving a few of your Capture assets into it. You can either do that online at https://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries and in the upper right hand corner under Actions choose Create Library or you can do it in Capture by tapping on the library name in the upper nav, then in the library menu that opens tap + Create New Library from the pop-up menu.

* Once you have a new library, move your assets into it. In the app, tap on any asset you want to move. Once it opens in the Preview screen tap on the three dots in the upper right hand corner. Tap Duplicate. A pop-up menu will open and in it you'll have the ability to choose the library you want to move it into.

* Then, when you have a couple of assets in that new library, and it's synced to Creative Cloud (you can check that by logging back in to Adobe Creative Cloud), see if the renaming continues to happen.

Let me know what you find.

Sue.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Capture creates multiple "recovered" folders on my Galaxy phone
            CKSSmith Level 1

Thanks for the quick reply Sue.

It seems to happen all the time. I only have 2 libraries, "My library" and "Kuler". It used to happen all the time with "Kuler" which is why I thought I'd be smart by creating a new library before I started this morning to see if that got round the problem. It clearly didn't.

I'll give your suggestion a try.

• 3. Re: Capture creates multiple "recovered" folders on my Galaxy phone

CK,

Let me know, once you create a new library and move the assets, if you're still seeing the problem. I've brought it up with the product team because I'm hearing about this (in one or two scenarios) more often. So it's seeming less and less "random."

Let me know what happens.

Sue.

• 4. Re: Capture creates multiple "recovered" folders on my Galaxy phone
                CKSSmith Level 1

Sue, before I created a new folder I checked the web and my phone. On the web I had folders

My library

Kuler

Sissinghurst recovered recovered (where recovered was added 50 times in the name!)

On my phone I had

My library recovered (recovered duplicated 20+ times)

Kuler recovered (recovered duplicated a number of times)

IMG_9153-Edit-Edit recovered (recovered dupd a number of times)

Sissinghurst recovered recovered (where recovered was added 50 times again)

(I deleted the IMG folder but it since reappeared.)

I created a new folder on my phone called Test and duplicated 4 assets into it. So far nothing else has changed since I did that.

Is there anything else I can do?

• 5. Re: Capture creates multiple "recovered" folders on my Galaxy phone

CK.

At the very least, the folders you see on your device and in the web browser should be the same. But it doesn't sound like that's happening. Sounds like you're seeing two different sets of folder (which means that the app isn't syncing properly)

I've been working with someone else who's having a similar problem. A couple of questions:

Can you see that "Test" folder when you log-in to Adobe Creative Cloud ?

Are you leaving the app and your device open over a good wireless connection? How is your wireless connection?

Also,  can you check the sync setting in the app? Tap the Capture icon. Then from the menu that opens tap on the field with your email address. If the Sync Only on Wifi toggle is set "On," set that toggle "Off" and see if sync works.

Before anything else, I'd like to make sure that what you see on your phone and what you see on the web.... match.

Sue.

• 6. Re: Capture creates multiple "recovered" folders on my Galaxy phone
                    CKSSmith Level 1

Hi Sue, thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I can see the Test folder on Creative Cloud. My wireless connection is strong although I am normally use Capture on my Android when I am out and on a mobile connection.

I can't however see how to change the sync type from wifi. I cannot see any option within the phone app to change sync type even following your instructions.

• 7. Re: Capture creates multiple "recovered" folders on my Galaxy phone

CK.

I'm sorry. I forgot. Android devices don't have that setting.

A couple more questions:

Is the library with all of your assets showing up in Creative Cloud (even with recovered added to it); I want to make sure your work is synced.

What version of Capture are you using (the most recent version is 2.2.429)?

Sue.

• 8. Re: Capture creates multiple "recovered" folders on my Galaxy phone
                        CKSSmith Level 1

Hi Sue, yes I can see the same libraries on Creative Cloud and my phone with the exception of the library with the name starting IMG. I keep deleting it on my phone but it keeps reappearing.

I am using the latest version from the Play Store having downloaded it two days ago.

Thanks for your help so far.

Colin

• 9. Re: Capture creates multiple "recovered" folders on my Galaxy phone

Colin,

OK, try one more thing (by the way, I've asked one of our engineers about this because it's just so weird; I'm waiting to hear back):

1. Try signing out of the app, restarting your device, then signing back in.

2. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling Capture, restarting your device, and signing back in.

I'm hoping that one of these will delete that corrupt file since it's only on your phone and not synced to Creative Cloud.

Let me know.

Sue.

• 10. Re: Capture creates multiple "recovered" folders on my Galaxy phone
                            CKSSmith Level 1

Hi Sue,

Signing out the app and signing back in did nothing. When I deleted the rogue folder it simply reappeared.

Reinstalling the app has not only got rid of the rogue folder after deleting it from my phone, but it has allowed me to rename the folders (which have the word Recovered multiple times in the name) to something sensible.

I guess this doesn't answer the question though as to why all the folders keep getting the word Recovered added, sometimes 50 times? For the moment though I am happy.

Many thanks for your help.

Colin

• 11. Re: Capture creates multiple "recovered" folders on my Galaxy phone

Colin,

Man... I'm so happy to hear it's resolved. Apparently it's a bug that the product team has been trying to nail down (and thought it had) but it pops up from time-to-time in a really persistent way.

The good news is that I don't think it will return (fingers crossed); at least that seems to be how it's worked before.

Thanks for being so patient.

Sue.