• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air 23 SDK - Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value - Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers.

Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When submitting an Air 23 SDK ios app to iTunes, I received the following warning

Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value - Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers.

the key is set as:

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key><array><string>1</string><string>2</string></array>

I have tried to change string to number and integer, neither will compile in Air - get error saying invalid value in key.

This is just a warning, iTunes apparently accepted the app, but would like to know a fix.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same issue today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue today and yesterday. It so happens we were still running AIR 21 when this happened, so it's not related to AIR 23, I don't think. Apparently Apple changed something. See this thread:

Uploading to Itunes - Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, yes, number and integer types will not compile in AIR, tried that. You'd have to probably change it to Number in the plist, but of course Apple doesn't let you do that manually. This if anything seems to me a way to target and cripple AIR apps specifically until Adobe releases a patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

our delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery: 

Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value - Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers.

So maybe we don't need to do anything really...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2016 Oct 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Till it will be rejected I'm afraid...

But maybe Adobe Air will find a solution till then 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your app get rejected? Or you just got that warning and the app was approved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another similar thread someone reported today that after getting the error report the app still went live ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We got the warning but the app was not rejected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2016 Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

We are aware of this issue and are working on same.

Thanks,

Krati

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, will follow this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, but, it will work on iPhone, but, when you try to install same app (with both UIDeviceFamily=1 & 2), it will not install using TestFlight, indicates "not compatible". 

PLEASE FIX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if this "not compatible" issue only applies to TestFlight, or will this happen from a live app in the App Store as well?  We have an update ready for a universal app that also got this warning in Application Loader, and we're not sure if we should push this live or not.  It did show up as a valid build under Activity > iOS Builds, and it does show Device Family: "iPhone / iPod Touch, iPad" for that build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to install my app on iPhone and iPad through TestFlight despite getting the warning when uploading with Application Loader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone published live apps to the App Store after receiving this warning, and confirmed that it can be purchased/updated by both iPhone and iPad?  Not really concerned about TestFlight, just worried about an actual release.

I did attempt to change my app xml to "<integer>1</integer><integer>2</integer>" instead of "string", but adt gave me a warning and failed to compile.  Not sure what else is going on under the hood, but it would be great if Adobe could release an update for adt that allows integer instead of string here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we just went live today on iTunes with the same warning and I can confirm users have no problem downloading on iPad or iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just noticed this warning today, too. Glad to see we're not alone in this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please have an update on Adobe with what is happening on this issue as it is becoming time critical for me as I am sure it is for others.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time critical why? As others have mentioned this does not affect the apps usage or ability to be submitted. It is purely an information notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's purely for information then fine - I'd got the impression that some had had problems getting approval for the App from Apple but perhaps I was wrong on that.  I am not quite in a position to make a submission but was expecting to do so shortly and did not not want it to fail for this reason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that the warning's up there's no reason to think <string> values for this won't be rejected by Apple tomorrow. The AIR compiler should be patched as soon as possible, because what usually comes after a warning from Apple is a total blockade, and everyone with live apps is now waiting for that to drop.

So yes: An update from Adobe would be very helpful. Like the rest of us who pay monthly for Adobe products and haven't seen a FlashBuilder update since 2012, I'd like to know there's someone over there who can change <string> to <number> without screwing it up too badly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, it's clear this is an upcoming change for Apple where they strictly need integers here instead of strings, and there's no telling when this will be an absolute requirement and how this may affect things for new and existing apps.  It doesn't seem to break anything yet (from what others have mentioned), but who knows, an upcoming iOS update may require integers and may ignore any apps with strings as "incompatible" with that device.  I'd love to see a compiler update from Adobe on this fairly soon, especially since this is regarding the critical value of whether a device can even install an app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my app got rejected. can not activate at testflight. please fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you don't have the same problem shown in message 14 here:

Re: Uploading to Itunes - Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines