9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 10:03 PM by D.A.R

lightroom exports over 1000 files

BugFix

hi folks,

i am using lightroom for a while but i'm not an expert

i made a user export setting which i use every day but from today lightromm wants to export all files in the source folder but i opened only one. whats up now?

if i try to export lightroom asks me if i want to overwrite or rename or skip existing files... approx 50 are visible in the dialog

if i click skip it overwrites all files!

whats up how can i solve this!

please help!

• 1. Re: lightroom exports over 1000 files
          Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

It sounds like you had over 1000 files selected in Library.

If you have 1000 files selected in grid view, then double-click one to enlarge, and click Export, you still have 1000 files selected.

(you can see the number of files that will be exported top left in the export dialog)

So it's safer to export from grid view in Library.

If this is not what happened, please tell us what version of LR you are running and your OS.

• 2. Re: lightroom exports over 1000 files
            BugFix Level 1

LR2015.7

win10 pro with all updates

nope, i changed the selection and export from the grid does not help

restarted the machine and it seems to be fine now but why LR overwrites files when the skip button was clicked? (german: skip = überspringen)

• 3. Re: lightroom exports over 1000 files
              BugFix Level 1

whoooo, all settings are set back to default on raw files! whats this?

• 4. Re: lightroom exports over 1000 files

Please provide more details.

Do you mean that the develop settings are gone?

Can you see the edits in the History panel?

And please answer my questions about LR version and OS.

• 5. Re: lightroom exports over 1000 files
                  BugFix Level 1

i answered your request for LR and OS version in my second post as follows:

LR2015.7

win10 pro with all updates

yes the develop settings are gone for these files

the little icon was removed from the miniatures and the history is empty... but i just reworking it.

i stopped the export process after a few files... it seems LR wanted to export all files, the developed and untouched files...

• 6. Re: lightroom exports over 1000 files

If you still have problems exporting, try resetting the preferences.

Resetting preferences is done by holding down Alt+Shift when clicking the shortcut to launch LR, which will give you a confirmation dialog. I have found that this does not work as described on Windows 7, but it works this way:

When clicking a desktop shortcut, click the shortcut, and keep the mouse button pressed. Now press Alt+Shift, then release the mouse button.

When clicking a Quick Launch shortcut, right click the shortcut, then left click Open, and keep the mouse button pressed. Now press Alt+Shift, then release the mouse button.

If you have problems with this, do it manually:

Close Lightroom. With Windows Explorer, go to C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences

Delete the file named Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs

Now launch Lightroom, and the preferences will be recreated.

• 7. Re: lightroom exports over 1000 files
                      D.A.R Adobe Community Professional

Before you export take a look at the space above the filmstrip. Verify that it indicates only the number of image you intend to export. Test.

Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 11.54.18 PM.png

The fact that all the develop settings (or at least the badges) have disappeared could mean you accidentally opened a backup catalog. Verify you didn't.

In addition, the badges disappearing may not indicate that the develop settings have gone. They can be hidden. Cycles through the 3 stages of visibility while viewing a grid of images using the J key (3 settings)