2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 3:46 PM by FauxtoGuy

Combining selected pages from multiple PDF files?

FauxtoGuy Level 1

I have a series of PDF documents that I need to merge into a single PDF file. I have tried a few ineffective options, but I'm guessing there's a simple procedure for this.

I need to take selected pages from each doc, and merge them into a single (new) doc with all the same display & editing characteristics of the originals.

What would also be VERY helpful is if there is a way to display the results of all matching item searches at once. The PDF's are bank statements, and it would help to be able to view a single payee from multiple pages within the statements. I.E.: Display every instance showing my monthly subscription payment to ADOBE for Creative Cloud. Yes, I'm trying to use the PDF's like a financial spread sheet.

I have the current acrobat pro on a Mac (10.11.6)

Thanks for your assistance!

• 1. Re: Combining selected pages from multiple PDF files?
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

- Merging pages: There isn't really a very easy way of doing it. You can drag the pages you want to some folder and then merge all the files in the folder, for example.

- Showing the results of all the search matches at once: Have you tried the Advanced Search option in Acrobat? It let's you search one (or more) files and then displays all of the results in a single window. When you click on a result it will jump to that location on the page.

• 2. Re: Combining selected pages from multiple PDF files?
            FauxtoGuy Level 1

I just found ALL the answers with a simple google search.

I was able to MERGE Pages into a new dock (under tools). Then I was able to DELETE unwanted pages -under Tools>Pages. Finally, under Advanced Search, I could see ALL instances of a search term - "Adobe" -which in my case, gave me all the data I needed for each line item.

See attached screen shots for details:

Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 3.43.27 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 3.43.17 PM.jpg