2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2016 12:17 PM by Bill Gehrke

Which Creative Cloud Applications use Hyperthreading

BlueMJM

I checking because i building my 1st computer, and wondering if any software (adobe or non-adobe) has features that would benefit from hyper-threading

• 1. Re: Which Creative Cloud Applications use Hyperthreading
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Hardware Forum.

• 2. Re: Which Creative Cloud Applications use Hyperthreading
            Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The only Adobe application I am fully familiar with is Premiere Pro.  Here is the Task Manager CPU performance screen grab.  Notice that my 8-core i7-5960X actually running at 4.46 GHz with 100% utilization of all 16 threads while I was exporting a timeline that was loaded with GPU accelerated effects and features.  Notice that the front part of each plot was down at 27% utilization of all the 16 threads this was the same timeline with the CUDA GPU acceleration being used, I then turned it off GPU acceleration and again I got the 100% full overclocked use of all cores/threads

Task Maanger 8-cores 16-threads .png

This was a specially design timeline to show the difference between CPU only and the same timeline GPU accelerated.  The Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) scores for this were 266 seconds for the CPU only te st and with a GTX1060 6GB (Overclocked slightly) the same timeline exported in 19 seconds.  Remember your typical usage most likely will not show that much gain as this was a benchmark to show the maximum possibilities