4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2016 4:16 PM by wobertc

Software Update

constanzeb18793445

Hi guys,

I have Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 and would like to update it to the latest version, Lightroom 6.

I downloaded Lightroom 6 and i have typed in my serial number from Lightroom 3, but it says the number is invalid.

What to do?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers Conny

• 1. Re: Software Update
          Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

Going from Lightroom 5 or older to Lightroom 6 is a paid upgrade, not an update, and costs $79 or equivalent.

To by the upgrade, go to this page Software & Services

Click Buy next to Lightroom, then click Full, and choose Upgrade from the drop down.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Software Update
            constanzeb18793445 Level 1

Thanks for your help.

Is it possible to upgrade from Lightroom 3 to 5 at no cost?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Software Update
              Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

Adobe only sells the current version - version 6.

Upgrades from one main version to a newer version has never been free.

But the price is the same regardless of which previous version you own.

You can upgrade to version 6, or subscribe to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan, which includes Lightroom and Photoshop for $10 a month. LR CC is basically the same program as LR6, but gets new features through updates, which LR6 doesn't get.

Those new features will be included in LR7 - provided that Adobe will continue to offer a standalone version.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Software Update
                wobertc Adobe Community Professional

To add to the replies above-

Lr v6 and above require a 64 bit operating system. Older 32 bit computer systems can only run up to v5 (5.7.1)

If you upgrade to v5 (as Per Berntsen above) be sure to retain your Licence Registration Key for v3 , as you will need both keys- v3 and the newer version.