• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic Signature Block, No Other Fields

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I send a contract for signature, up until recently I would use the fields for signature, date, etc. but I would also get a signature block (signature, email, title) at the bottom of every contract. I tried to get it to go away using tricks I found in these forums (like putting a signature block in and deleting, resetting fields, etc) but the signature block shows up at the bottom of every contract.

Now, in addition to the signature block, the fields themselves don't populate. I insert them in the preview window:

Entry1.jpg

But then after I hit "Send" the contract doesn't show any fields where I've put them, there is ONLY the signature block:

Entry2.jpg

Contract_PDF_screenshot.jpg

What's going wrong here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi finnegan.lucille

If you don't add any signature fields on the document then Adobe Sign will automatically add a Signature block for the Signer at the end document as the document is going out for Signature and Signer will require a Signature field to click on and place the Signature.

To avoid Signature block at the end of the page, please upload the document on the Send page, check mark "Preview & Add Signature Fields" option at the bottom and click "Next", now prepare the document by placing the Signature field on the document at the desired location where you want the Signer to Sign the document.

Now click on the Send button to send the document Out for Signature.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AadeshSingh​ If you look at my screenshots, you'll see I did exactly that.

I add individual signature and info fields to the document, hit Send and the document arrives with NO fields, just the block at the end, which I did not end.

The problem I'm having is that Echosign is treating documents like I am NOT adding fields when I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lindsey,

If you look at the 1st screenshot, The fields in Blue(Signature/Title/Company) are the ones which will appear on your document as they need to be filled in by the signer.

The fields in White (Date/Signer Name/Email etc) are picked from signer's account on its own so the user doesn't need to fill those fields explicitly. And hence they wont be shown at the time of signing OR when you look at the thumbnail on the post-send page. But be rest assured, these fields will be auto-populated with Signer's info once you get the signed agreement back to you.

You can learn about a trick or 2 about using Form Fields here: Adding form fields | Tutorials

Hope this helps

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer, thanks for taking the time to respond. Sorry to contradict you, but until this week, when I would put the Signature field on a document, I could see the blue Signature square in the preview thumbnail. Now I can't. And why can I see the Signature Block field (which I did not select) in the thumbnail, but none of the items I did?

I've been working with a colleague and sending these test contracts to her, and she says it's not populating the form fields correctly.

What I need is someone who ACTUALLY knows something about Echosign to look at my account. No one can figure out why what I'm selecting in the preview field is not populating the actual contract doc. I've shown what is happening to several other people in my company with Echosign experience and no one can figure it out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lindsey,

Sorry for the confusion, i may be able to help you with this.

So Adobe Sign adds a Signature and Email block by itself if you DON'T add a signature field to the document. Now since you also see a Title field automatically added to the block, this would imply that you have this setting checked in your account settings - Require signers to provide their job title when e-signing under Additional Settings:

Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 4.23.13 PM.png

Now, if you would have added the 3 fields (signature, name and date), Adobe Sign would not have added the Signature block (along with title field) to your agreement. But since you said that you did add the 3 fields, for some reason Adobe Sign can't recognize those fields and hence this block.

Here is what you have to do:

1. Uncheck the require title setting, if you dont want to see the Title field on your page.

2. Create a new agreement from scratch and try to add these 3 fields again --> You should not see the signature block get added to your agreement. If you still see the block, please send your agreement id to me in a personal message. You can find the agreement ID on the post send page in the page URL.

3. Regarding the fields not appearing in the thumbnail issue, i am not sure if it ever appeared on the post send page. The fields do appear on the Manage page if you look for the PDF's under your Signed agreements, but not for unsigned documents.. I can have a check with others in the team too. I will let you know if i find anything.

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Sameer. This would be helpful, but it doesn't appear that I have access to these additional settings! When I open up the profile page, I only have access to Personal Preferences and API settings. Am I looking in the wrong place? I cannot find any additional settings options.

Settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lindsey,

Looks like you don't have Admin privileges in your account. Please contact your account admin to get this setting enabled.

Alternatively, you can also contact our support team at support@echosign.com to get this done for you.

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Sameer. I opened a ticket with Adobe Support (440204) and they told me there are no settings available to me. They also deny I'm having a problem. This has been extremely frustrating.

I've confirmed now that the regular signature fields that I choose in the Previous process are being sent on documents, so that is no longer a problem, but I still cannot get rid of the Signature Block that automatically appears at the end of every document. Can you escalate this to support somehow? No one will believe me until I show them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines