I am going to be taking several Product Photos. I would like to have the same pure white consistent background for ALL the photos. How do I create a pure white background that I am able to cut out my product and paste onto a template white background?
Well, Sketch defaults to a sort of off-white background so what I do when I want a specific color is to bring a swatch in as an Image Layer:
1. I usually do a Google search for the color I want and put the swatch in the Creative Cloud Files folder on my desktop. (If you're working on your device you can also save the swatch to your Photos.)
2. When you open a new Sketch artboard, you'll see a Draw Layer opposite the toolset.
3. Tap the + just above it to open a pop-up menu with the choices Drawing Layer and Image Layer.
4. Tap Image Layer
5. Then choose from where you'd like to import the image (If it's in your photos choose On my iPad; if it's in your CC Files folder choose My CC Files.
6. Press-hold-and-drag on that layer to bring it to the bottom of your layer stack.
Once Sketch has a fill tool (we're working on it); it will be easier to change the background color. Actually, we're working also on making easier to change the background color too.
Let me know if you have trouble.