2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2016 4:37 PM by D.A.R

How to copy develop settings on a folder and copy it to another folder containing same photos

henrik-andrém62522201

Hello forum!

I kinda made a mistake. Hopefully someone can answer me this.

I have a folder under "Folders" in Library. In that folder i have 62 photos, which also are edited in lightroom.
      A mistake happened and I have added a new folder containing same images but there is over 200 photos in that folder.
      Is there any way to copy my edited photos in my catalog to the new folder?

I hope the question was not confusing.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: How to copy develop settings on a folder and copy it to another folder containing same photos
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Before you do anything, I think we need to have more details to help with an answer.

Can you post a screen-clip of the folder panel in Lightroom showing both the folders (62 and 200) that is if you have you imported both folders into Lightroom's catalog?

Also post a screen-clip of the folders as they appear in Finder/File Explorer.

Are the images named differently in the two folders?

What OS? what version of LR?

Do not import anything into LR yet.

• 2. Re: How to copy develop settings on a folder and copy it to another folder containing same photos
            D.A.R Adobe Community Professional

If you have two folders, one of which contains identical images then you have duplicate files on your hard drive.

In that case you will not be able to move the edited images into the larger folder because the File system on any computer won't allow that.

Copying settings is not the answer as that can only be done individually (assuming that all files don't have identical settings)

Identify the duplicate files in the large folder and remove them from your Hard Drive. You can do this in Lightroom by pressing the delete key and choosing the option to delete from disk (not remove)

Then select all the 62 images in the grid and drag them onto the folder you wish to move them to. Lightroom will prompt that you are moving them on the Hard drive too. Ok.

Let us know if this helps