5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2016 5:09 PM by Roei Tzoref

how would i hide out this face with background

PremiereNoobSigh Level 1

in this 2 second clip starting at 1:40 Star Wars III Final Battle - Anakin Skywalker vs Obi Wan Kenobi - YouTube

how would i hide the woman's face by using the background in the pic?

what are the most common effect controls used to hide objects with backgrounds

• 1. Re: how would i hide out this face with background
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

you mean hide this woman's face?

hide all of the figure? or leave her headless? I'd suggest you tell us what exactly you are set to accomplish and we can give you proper workflow advice, because if you plan to plant another head/figure, then hiding it could be done by another face/figure on top of it and not neccesarily complete the whole background behind her. probably only some of it.

• 2. Re: how would i hide out this face with background
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you mean remove the girl in this shot?Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 1.01.43 PM.png

If so you have to track the camera move, it's slight but there, then create a mask for the girl, then build a background the best way you can using elements in the shot, then fill in the hole. This is really difficult because there is a lot moving in the shot. Fire, color. This is going to take some serious photoshop like skills. There is no magic click here remove person plug-in that will work on this kind of a shot.

If you mean something else then let us know with a few more details.

• 3. Re: how would i hide out this face with background
              PremiereNoobSigh Level 1

yes thats the face, i want to put another head on it, the body/hand stays

so its not the headless version which i think would be much tougher as rick said

• 4. Re: how would i hide out this face with background
                Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I would track the head in Mocha in the same way I did this shot. Instead of tracking the TV set you track the face of the actress. You essentially create a stabilized corner pin shot then add your new head. I think that would be the easiest way to get a really good composite.

There are many ways but all involve tracking.

• 5. Re: how would i hide out this face with background
                  PremiereNoobSigh Level 1

well ive tracked the new head using rodoscoping and placed it ontop the old, its just that the old head sticks out at certain places making it unnatural

does mocha tracking automatically get rid of the old head or something?

• 6. Re: how would i hide out this face with background
                    Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

does mocha tracking automatically get rid of the old head or something?

although Mocha has a remove module mocha Pro: Remove Object Tutorial on Vimeo , in this case I am guessing there isn't too much information of a clean background but feel free to explore for yourself.

its just that the old head sticks out at certain places making it unnatural

you are going to have to complete the background and place it on top of those places and then attach it to a null that matches the movement of the background. there are all sorts of ways for for creating the clean background (it's called "clean plate") - I am guessing you are making a spoof video so the compositing isn't supposed to be top notch anyway. you could get away with a lot. the background is blurry and that helps too. a mask with a decent feather could work. you should be creating a patch from the movie itself, either with stamp in Ae or in Ps, then stick it on top of the actress, behind the new face. you will then have to attach that patch to a null that has tracking data from background which is moving.