1. Do Window > Library to go to the Library.
2. Do View > Grid to see the thumbnail grid.
3. In the grid or in the filmstrip at the bottom, select the photos you want to caption. To select a range of photos, click the first one, then shift-click the last one.
4. Do Window > Panels > Metadata to ensure the metadata panel is showing on the right of Library.
5. Enter the caption in the Caption field:
The menus list the keyboard shortcuts for the commands in steps 1 and 2.
1. Be in Grid view in the Library module.
2. Select all the images to which you wish to apply the same caption.
3. Right-hand Panel, in the Metadata panel, type the caption.
4. When done typing, press enter to apply the caption to all selected images.