4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2016 5:31 PM by Tomas Sinkunas

file .DS_Store

Level 1

I have a problem I can not fix on my mac

I have a script that takes the files from a folder and load them into Photoshop

but if the folder and present the hidden file .DS_Store

It created an error message

If you copy the files and put them into another folder where it is not present .DS_Store

everything works correctly

the problem and that the .DS_Store appears immediately after loading the files

how can I avoid this problem?

• 1. Re: file .DS_Store
          maxwyss Level 4

The .DS_Store file is a OSX system file, and contains desktop information for the according folder.

If you want/need to ignore this file, you might either test whether it is visible (convention says that when a file name begins with a period, the file is invisible), or you would use some other mechanism to create the list of files you want to copy. You might also look for file extensions and select accordingly.

If you can use Applescript, things get quite easy, because there you can create a list of files from a folder without invisibles.

• 2. Re: file .DS_Store
            Level 1

I tried deleting the .DS_Store

but then reappears

as you can do to not let this happen

• 3. Re: file .DS_Store
              maxwyss Level 4

You can delete these files as many times as you want. The finder will always recreate them.

It may be possible to prevent them from appearing if you do not open the according folder in the Finder, and access its files only via the Shell.

• 4. Re: file .DS_Store
                Tomas Sinkunas Adobe Community Professional

If you could share you code how you are processing folder items we could help you out.