1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 11, 2016 10:30 AM by Ben, Typekit Support

Will TypeKit fonts break if I suspend/cancel my Creative Cloud account?

kungfuninja

I'm trying to understand the ramifications of using Typekit fonts of websites I build for clients.  Right now I am a Creative Cloud user which comes with a Portfolio level TypeKit account. If I create a kit for a client site and at some point in the future suspend or cancel my Creative Cloud account will this cause the client site to to loose the functionality of TypeKit fonts and revert to any backup system fonts I have designated?  Or would this just prevent me from editing/creating new font kits once the account was suspended?

• 1. Re: Will TypeKit fonts break if I suspend/cancel my Creative Cloud account?
          Ben, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

Hi Dan,

> If I create a kit for a client site and at some point in the future suspend or cancel my Creative Cloud account will this cause the client site to to loose the functionality of TypeKit fonts and revert to any backup system fonts I have designated?

Yes. Typekit will serve fonts as long as the subscription is active but if cancelled, the websites connected to the account will show any fallback fonts you've designated in CSS.

> Or would this just prevent me from editing/creating new font kits once the account was suspended?

This too. We don't turn off fonts for websites right away but if an account is past-due on payment, we will eventually stop serving fonts to any of the kits and you'll need to renew in order for font serving to resume. This goes for creating/editing kits as well.

Please note that if you'd like to use Typekit for a client's website, we require that you upgrade your account to a Business Plan on Typekit. More info here: Typekit Help | Font licensing

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Benjamin