6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2016 8:22 AM by Mohanaraj

Sound files in Flash CC make loud screeching sound

DEOLSEN

When I add an audio file into the timeline in Flash CC the hit enter to play, instead of playing the actual audio it plays a loud screech. I also have Animate and Flash CS6 installed and the problem doesn't happen on either of those. The screech continues to play out even after I press enter to pause. I can only get the sound to stop going if I quit out of Flash CC. This happens when both when I set the audio as Event or Stream. How do I fix this?

You might be wondering why I don't just go work on Animate or Flash CS6 since the audio works there:

- Animate's drawing tools lag so hard that it makes the program unusable.

- Flash CS6 crashes constantly with no warning.

If there isn't a fix for the audio issue on Flash CC then that means that there are ZERO Flash programs that are usable.

• 1. Re: Sound files in Flash CC make loud screeching sound
          Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Could be worth seeing if your Animate is up to date. There have been a number of fixes to tool performance in the last couple of releases.

You also could see if your Flash Pro CC is the most recent version.

I don't know why that one version would show a problem, but I have seen issues sometimes when either using WAV in a Canvas FLA, or using sound that is not 16 bit, or is not 44.1KHz.

Are you able to post a small file that shows the problem, for us to try?

• 2. Re: Sound files in Flash CC make loud screeching sound
            DEOLSEN Level 1

Animate is completely up to date. I even had Adobe customer care remotely access my computer to dump out the preference files but that made no change to the lag in the drawing tools.

I found that Flash CC v13.1 doesn't have a problem with the sound, although its drawing tools lag a little more than before but not as much as Animate CC. So I guess at least the sound problem is fixed .

But in regards to this lag in the drawing tools, it seems like a problem that a lot of people have. And it's not like it's new. It happened back in CS3, CS6, and it's still going on. Whenever we ask about this issue, the reply is always the same. "This issue is under investigation and will be fixed in the next update." Well, it's been SEVERAL updates since CS3, so how is this still and issue???

• 3. Re: Sound files in Flash CC make loud screeching sound
              Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

It could be worth you joining the Animate prerelease, so you can directly tell the team what needs fixing, and they can also tell you what progress is being made. If you're interested, send a private message to Mohan:

Mohanaraj

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Sound files in Flash CC make loud screeching sound
                Asymetrical Adobe Community Professional

This is most likely because of the type of file you're using. It was definitely a bug in CS6 and supposedly fixed in later versions of CC.

I've seen this many times and while I can't explain why it happens the fix usually comes from changing the format you import. If you imported aiff files and it does it, change them to wav files and it will likely fix the issue. Also where did you get the audio from? If you edited it in Adobe Audition and when you save the file it will save the markers and data so I've noticed that if you uncheck preserve markers and data it will also fix that issue. Your mileage may vary but I've seen it time and time agin over the last three years. I'm not positive that's the name of the settings since I don't have Audition at work but i know it fixes issues.

As for the drawing lag issue, I suspect that it's the requirements needed from your graphics card in order to make the line better quality. You might need a better graphics card to see better performance. I'm sure not the answer you want to hear but it's probably the solution.

2 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Sound files in Flash CC make loud screeching sound
                  DEOLSEN Level 1

I've heard that it could be the graphics card before, however, what concerns me is that I already have the highest grade graphics card the latest iMac can have. An AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB.

If this graphics card isn't good enough to run Flash, then I don't know. It runs every other program just fine. Drawing in Photoshop is very responsive. Perhaps Flash is just clashing with something in the graphics card? Is there any evidence to prove that this drawing lag issue is a graphics card problem? If so, is there a fix?

• 6. Re: Sound files in Flash CC make loud screeching sound
                    Mohanaraj Adobe Employee

Hi,

Can you please share the Animate CC version and  build number that you are using?

Thanks!

Mohan