0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2016 4:38 AM by dartes4957742

I am looking for digital signature that I can sign and seal forms that we submit to local government agencies.

dartes4957742

I am looking for digital signature that I can sign and seal forms that we submit to local government agencies. I would like to use my Adobe Standard XI that has a built in fill & sign – place signature option aready in it.  I need it to be publicly verifiable to anyone one that opens it in Adobe (signature verified). I attached an example of one that I have signed.

Here is the law that I must meet.

FLORIDA

CHAPTER 5J-17

BOARD OF PROFESSIONAL SURVEYORS AND MAPPERS

5J-17.062 Procedures for Signing and Sealing Electronically Transmitted Plans, Specifications, Reports or Other Documents.

(1) Information stored in electronic files representing plans, specifications, plats, reports, or other documents which must be sealed under the provisions of Chapter 472, F.S., shall be signed, dated and sealed by the professional surveyor and mapper in responsible charge.

(2) A license holder may use a computer generated representation of his or her seal on electronically conveyed work; however, the final hard copy documents of such surveying or mapping work must contain an original signature and raised seal of the license holder and date or the documents must be accompanied by an electronic signature as described in this section. A scanned image of an original signature shall not be used in lieu of an original signature and raised seal or electronic signature. Surveying or mapping work that contains a computer generated seal shall be accompanied by the following text or similar wording: “The seal appearing on this document was authorized by [Example: Leslie H. Doe, P.E. 0112 on (date)]” unless accompanied by an electronic signature as described in this section.

(3) An electronic signature is a digital authentication process attached to or logically associated with an electronic document and shall carry the same weight, authority, and effect as an original signature and raised seal. The electronic signature, which can be generated by using either public key infrastructure or signature dynamics technology, must be as follows:

(a) Unique to the person using it;

(b) Capable of verification;

(c) Under the sole control of the person using it;

(d) Linked to a document in such manner that the electronic signature is invalidated if any data in the document are changed.

I tried sending this one to another worker this morning and on their workstation using Adobe it say that “at least one of the signatures has a problem” and “ signature validity unknown”.

Is there a way I can do this in Adobe Standard XI and have any other Adobe Reader see that the signature is valid?

Thanks,

Darte

darte@crosssurveying.com