21 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 7:20 PM by Sue Garibaldi

"Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error

Anna Kal

Hi, I've recently installed Adobe Sketch onto my iPad pro, and am attempting to export one of my sketches as a PSD file to my creative cloud library. However, I keep getting this error message:

IMG_0022.PNG

I have made sure that my login is the same for Sketch and my creative cloud/Adobe ID, made sure that I have plenty of storage space in creative cloud, and have tried turning on and off my iPad. I am getting the same message when attempting to export vector files from adobe Draw.  What do I need to do to insure that I can export files from Sketch and Draw to my creative cloud library?

Thank you!

Anna

• 1. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi Anna,

Did you try to connect to a different network and then check the saving the work over cloud?

Regards,

Sheena

• 2. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error
            Anna Kal Level 1

Yes I have tried two different wifi networks and am still getting the error message.

• 3. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error
              Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Anna,

Can you try signing out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (click on the CC icon in the menu bar to open the desktop app, tap the gear icon, then Preferences, then Sign Out), restarting your computer, then signing back in to the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Let me know if saving works after you do that.

Sue,

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error
                Anna Kal Level 1

Hi,

I signed out of the desktop app, restarted my computer, and logged back in. I still am unable to send files from Sketch or Draw to Creative Cloud. I am on a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro running Sierra.

• 5. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error

Hi Anna,

Hmmm... This is really odd. It's a pretty simple save. Have you tried signing out of Draw/Sketch, restarting your device, then signing back in?

If not, I'd like you to try that. But before you do, log in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud to make sure that all your work is synced to Creative Cloud.

I haven't heard of any problems with Sierra, but I'll check on that if signing out and restarting your device doesn't resolve the issue, so let me know.

Sue.

• 6. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error
                    Anna Kal Level 1

Just tried signing out and back in and am still getting the error. The projects I can see are saved as assets in CC, I'm trying to copy the vector and PSD files (i.e. each individual sketch in a project) to specific CC folders I have.

• 7. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error

Anna,

I want to make sure I'm understanding what you're trying to do (based on your first screenshot)...

From an open canvas in Sketch you're tapping the Share icon (the square with an arrow) in the upper nav

Then from the menu that opens you're selecting Save PSD to Creative Cloud (which saves the work to the Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop).

Then you're getting the error message?

None of this should matter, but in the morning I want to run this by someone on the product team so it will help if I know:
                      What versions of Draw and Sketch are you using? (Tap on the app icons then from the menu tap on About Draw and About Sketch

What version of the Creative Cloud Desktop App are you using (tap the CC icon, then the gear icon, then Preferences)

In the meantime if you have to get a drawing to your Creative Cloud files, log with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud

Open the drawing you want to save

Once it's open choose the Actions dropdown in the upper right hand corner

Then choose export

That will send a  .png or .jpg to the Download folder on your computer. From there you can just drop it in the Creative Cloud Files folder.

I'm sorry about this. I can't quite figure out what could be happening if your wireless/data network is a good one. That really is all that's required of this function.

Sue.

• 8. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error
                        Anna Kal Level 1

Hi Sue,

Yes, I'm doing everything you outlined above! I'm running v 3.5 of sketch and 3.4 of Draw on my iPad and v 3.8.0.310 of CC on my laptop. I've had no issues sending any other image files to CC from my iPad or adding Ai/PSD files from my laptop to CC, it's just Sketch and Draw that are giving me issues. Too, I have no other issues with wireless file sharing on my network, like Airdrop, which works just fine.

Yeah, I've been live tracing PNGS that way for the past few hours in Illustrator to turn my drawings into vectors for my project, but I really need the actual layered PSD and vector files!

Thanks for continuing to help!

Anna

• 9. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error

Anna.

I'm a bit confused again... I didn't realize this at first, but it sounds like what you're really wanting is to send your work from Draw to Illustrator CC and Sketch to Photoshop CC. Are you unable to do that as well?

What versions of Illustrator CC and Photoshop CC are on your laptop? Open each app and from the File menu choose About Photoshop and About Illustrator (a splash screen will open with the version number).

Sue.

• 10. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error
                            Anna Kal Level 1

Hi Sue,

Okay I think I figured something out. I can send Ai and psd files from Draw and Sketch as vectors to my laptop directly (which is running the latest versions of Ps and Ai CC) if I select "Send to Illustrator/ Photoshop CC" which alleviates my issue, but I still get the error when I select "Copy Image to Creative Cloud." What is "Copy Image to Creative Cloud" supposed to do/ be used for?

Thanks!

Anna

• 11. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error

Anna.

Yep. Send to Illustrator/Photoshop CC is the function you want to use if you want a vector or a layered .psd file from Draw or Sketch. That's why I was so confused by what you were saying.... because Save to Creative Cloud doesn't do that. It will save a .psd (from Sketch or a .png (from Draw) but you wouldn't be able to do what you wanted to do with it.

The Creative Cloud Files folder is basically a way to get files from one mobile app to another as images. But, I know a lot of people who use Sketch and Draw a lot use them as a way to record their work. They're not workable files but it's a good way to keep a record of what you've drawn.

That said, I don't understand why it's not working... especially since it sounds like Send to Desktop is working fine. It doesn't make sense. It's really just a simple save. Now that I know what's going on, I'm going to ask one of the engineers what might be causing it not to save. After talking to you, I tried to "break it" and I couldn't. It saved every time.

Sue.

• 12. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error

Anna,

I asked. One of our product managers suggested you may be low on CC storage. Can you check to see how much available CC storage you have? Log in here with your Adobe ID: Adobe Creative Cloud

Let me know. 

Sue.

• 13. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error
                                  Anna Kal Level 1

Hi Sue,

Just checked, I think I have plenty of space.

Only 702.3 MB used of 20.

Anna

• 14. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error

Hey Anna.

Sigh... I figured you probably did. I'll ask again. This is crazy. It should be so easy.

(I pulled the photo you posted. It had too much personal info in it.)

Sue.

• 15. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error

Anna.

OK, a question and a test:

Is it just one document you're having trouble saving? Or more than one?

Can you do a test? Open a new canvas and just scribble on it. Try Save to CC with that.

Let me know. Fingers crossed.

Sue.

• 16. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error
                                        Anna Kal Level 1

Ahhhh! So I've been having trouble saving files from the first projects I created in Draw and Sketch. Any illustrations created in those first projects will not save. BUT when I just made a new project, the file saved to CC no problem in both Draw and Sketch.

Problem solved? Kind of?

• 17. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error

Anna.

I don't know what might be wrong with those files but.... Yay! I'm glad you can save to that folder now.

If you're interested, you can share one of those projects with me and I can try to figure out why they might not be sending.  Or, you could just save those images to your camera roll (use the same Share icon and Save Image) and AirDrop them onto your desktop.

Totally up to you. I'm happy to have a look at them.

Sue.

• 18. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error

Anna.

By the way, here's how to share a project:

* Sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw (and/or https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=sketch) with your Adobe ID

* Select the project to share  (If there's more than one, you'll have to do one project at a time)

* Click on Share/Send Link, then the button Create Public Link; at that point, you can choose to send the link to an email address

* Send it to me at susang at adobe dot com

Sue.

• 19. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error

Anna.

One last question: Were there any unusual characters in the project name that had the documents you were trying to save?

Thanks for all your help with this. It's really strange. So everyone is curious how it could be happening.

Sue.

• 20. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error
                                                Anna Kal Level 1

THAT'S IT! Yes I had an "unusual character!" Both my projects were named Letterpress | Tide. When I took the "|" out and made it just Letterpress Tide it sent to CC no problem.

Thank you you so much for all of your help! I really appreciate all you've done to help me resolve this issue!

• 21. Re: "Failed to copy to Creative Cloud" Error

Anna.

I'm really glad it's resolved. Thanks for being so patient.

Sue.