1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 4, 2016 1:59 AM by girijaAgarwal

I would like to export a file that is arranged in columns and the data from different columns is jumbled.

marias54005388

I have tried using the Web Export from PDF and using "Copy file to clipboard"  to create a file in Word.

with Copy file the first page of my file will export correctly and retain every necessary type style (very important that I retain all of this), but the data from every subsequent page will export in the order of 3rd column, 2nd column, 1st column.  On the next page it repeats this order, so that the document ends with the last line of the 1st column of the last page, rather than the last line of the third column.

If I use the Web Export function, then the file is downloaded in a Word document, it is arranged visually in 3 columns with tab stops.  When I try, using Word, to change this to a single column layout so that I can edit, my text appears as:

first line from column 1 (space, no line break) first line from column 2 (space, no line break) first line from Column 3   Line break (paragraph end)

2nd line from column 1 (space, no line break) 2nd line from column 2 (space, no line break) 2nd line from Column 3   Line break (paragraph end)

3rd line from column 1 (space, no line break) 3rd line from column 2 (space, no line break) 3rd line from Column 3   Line break (paragraph end)

I believe this is a result of no line breaks within each of the 1st two columns.  The columns are arranged on tab stops, but it is not exporting top-to-bottom of first column, then top-to-bottom of second column, then top-to-bottom of third column as you'd expect.