3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 3:50 AM by F. McLion

2 versions of LR

garyp31565050

I have lightroom 2015 installed & was/is working, somehow lightroom 5.7.1 is now on my computer...cannot access creative cloud on the app icon (wont let me sign in)....why do I have 2 different lightrooms?

• 1. Re: 2 versions of LR
          F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

LR 5.7.1 is the old version. The installer does never remove an old (full) version, i.e. 6 does not remove 5.

However, the installer replaces sub-versions, i.e. 6.7 replaces 6.6.

I assume you are not working with LR5 on an old catalog anymore and therefore you can safely remove it.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 2 versions of LR
            Abambo Adobe Community Professional

I suggest uninstalling LR 5, as you do not need it anymore. Working some time with a new version will make it very difficult if not impossible to go back. I uninstall as soon as I think, that my new version is stable.

I never tried, but I suppose that you will not be able to read the newer catalog with your old version.

• 3. Re: 2 versions of LR
              F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I never tried, but I suppose that you will not be able to read the newer catalog with your old version.

Correct. Once the catalog is copied and converted there is no way back with this very same catalog ... for which usually is no need anyway.

btw OT: Did you change your screen name