6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2017 3:20 PM by Dave LaRonde

How to export shapes from After Effects to Premier Pro

lisaseb123

Recently I have made a text message sequence in after affects that I was intending on then exporting in to my Premier Pro. This nearly worked although the shape of the bubble doesn't go through it only shows the texts. Do i have to make the shape in to a solid if so how?

• 1. Re: How to export shapes from After Effects to Premier Pro
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

We honestly can't know. Your post lacks any proper description of what you are actually doing and is just vageu and generic. Provide screenshots and info on how you actually create the speech bubble, what your render/ export settings are and so on.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: How to export shapes from After Effects to Premier Pro
            lisaseb123 Level 1

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 12.21.02 pm.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-13 at 12.21.08 pm.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-13 at 9.02.24 am.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-13 at 9.02.32 am.png

Here is some screenshots of my work space. I made the text boxes using the shape tool. I exported it using through many ways such as dragging it across, exporting it from my premier pro project, exporting it as a premier pro and exporting by the encoder. Each time the speech bubbles that i made did not appear only the texts. I made the text move with the null and all of that was present in my premier pro project it was just the bubble shape that was absent. I also tried putting the sequence that it was going to be used with in premier pro although when its is exported to it yet agin docent show the shape. When I started to render it, it also didn't shoe the shapes. I have been playing around with it to see If I could fix it. I pre composed one of the boxes and it wasn't visible in its pre composed version. Hope this is more clear.

• 3. Re: How to export shapes from After Effects to Premier Pro
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you new to AE? Your explanations tell me that you do not know the proper workflow. Your screenshots reveal nothing about he layers in question. You should select them and press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties. If you want to use Dynamic Link to bring the comp into Premiere Pro you should study up on the workflow. If you are trying to render then bring the render into Premiere Pro to use as an overlay then you need to read but on rendering or at least use the Lossless with Alpha preset in the output module.

• 4. Re: How to export shapes from After Effects to Premier Pro
                bloodinthewater

I would love an answer to this or any other question regarding how to simply and quickly export a simple animation from AE for use in a NLE.

Don't have time for a tutorial. On a deadline. If AE isn't a quick solution, then perhaps I'll go back to the less sexy, but at least functional Avid title tool.

• 5. Re: How to export shapes from After Effects to Premier Pro
                  Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The most efficient way for any composition that is longer than a few seconds and more complicated than two or 3 effects is to render a digital intermediate using the Render Cue and the default Lossless preset in the Output module. Finding a suitable mezzanine codec (look it up) for your digital intermediate (DI) that will play back in real time or not require further rendering in your NLE will require some research. Setting up your own Custom rendering settings is asking for trouble unless you have taken the time to study and understand video formats, standards, frame sizes, frame rates, compression schemes and a bunch of other things you have to know and understand before you start monkeying with the switches on your own. 99% of the time new users that mess with the controls will just create a mess and end up having to redo the work and spend hours on the forums trying to figure out why their files are so big, why they don't playback smoothly, why there are black bars on the edges, or why the color is fouled up.

• 6. Re: How to export shapes from After Effects to Premier Pro
                    Dave LaRonde Level 6

What you're saying makes absolutely no sense.  AE has its own arcane terminology which you're yet to learn, and which facilitates effective communication.

I have only one comment:  you see the blue cross-hatch icon next to some layer names?  They indicate that you made them Guide Layers, which neither render out nor export.  Make them normal layers, and you may have greater success.

And then start learning the AE Basics, for God's Sake!  Who do you think you are, the Great Kreskin, with the power to peer into men's minds instead of doing some actual learning?