2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2009 10:12 PM by Ansury

chm - WinHelp - Flex 3 Language Reference

ReginaldBull
      Hi, do you know if there is a chm (WinHelp-File) for the
      the Flex 3 Language Reference around?

I know "Live Docs" and the Eclipse-Help-System.
      Both systems are slow an not so comfortable to search or to browse as the chm-file.

Yesterday I found iChm - a MAC chm reader and I really like it. The only thing I need is
      the Flex-chm.
        • 1. Re: chm - WinHelp - Flex 3 Language Reference
          Level 7

"ReginaldBull" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:go15ql$qa8$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi, do you know if there is a chm (WinHelp-File) for the
          > the Flex 3 Language Reference around?
          >
          > I know "Live Docs" and the Eclipse-Help-System.
          > Both systems are slow an not so comfortable to search or to browse as the
          > chm-file.
          >
          > Yesterday I found iChm - a MAC chm reader and I really like it. The only
          > thing
          > I need is
          > the Flex-chm.

I think you can download a pdf version of the help. You may also want to
          consider setting your search scope.

• 2. Re: chm - WinHelp - Flex 3 Language Reference
            Ansury Level 3

Yes, I want to be able to type something simple like "CANVAS" and have the ******* (edit: didn't know a "frig" was foul language, haha) documentation for that class come up. Is that too much to ask Adobe? I don't want 500 pages of crap tutorial help pages that happen to have the word canvas in them, just show me the class interface details!

PDF just isn't the same. I'd like to have a decent chm like the ones floating around for Java. Setting search scope doesn't help, I still seem to get crap results from a search. This should be fast and easy, type the name of the class you want details about and there it is.  Right now freaking google is probably the closest thing out there but you're still dependent on the internet which has even more off topic clutter, and you have to type "flex " beforehand--lame.  Has anyone figured out an easier way to do this moronicly simple task with minimal effort?  We shouldn't have to hit more buttons than the number of letters in the class name + ENTER.  I know, I'm picky.