2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2016 6:13 AM by BoyKick

Huge pdf's for no logical reason exporting from indesign (15.4)

BoyKick

Hi guys,

this is been bugging me for months now, if not longer.

I have tried every setting, changed things around, imported different types of image file types, flattened transparency, etc. etc.

But it seems indesign ads an enormous amount of unspecified metadata to exported pdfs. My only solution right now is using acrobat to optimize the pdfs, only taking out unnecessary data, not touching the image res, compression etc. It's clearly not a resolution thing.

A pdf that i expect to be not bigger than 1 mb becomes 50+ mb, after taking out only this data in acrobat, it becomes 600 kb...

Schermafbeelding 2016-10-13 om 10.35.03.png

Schermafbeelding 2016-10-13 om 10.34.57.png

(sorry my settings are in dutch, hopefully you can compare side by side or something )

So the filesize increase happens when using transparency and isn't resolution and or compression related, Indesign adds some mystical metadata not needed.

It's really annoying because i want to be able to email good looking pdfs to clients, without the ugly lines you got most of the time using flattening. Now i have to make this extra step, which wasn't the case in CS6 for sure.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

thanks!