1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 13, 2016 9:35 AM by try67

Adobe Functionality, Edit PDF

stephanr8118350 Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently running the free trial of Adobe Acrobat Pro for editing of PDFs. In order to see whether the program actually does what I need it for, I have a few questions about a few things I so far was not very happy about:

1.)     Is it possible to move entire text boxes, including their formatting and font properties to a different page of the PDF, or into a new PDF?

2.)     Is it possible to merge text boxes of a scanned pdf? As it is all the different pieces of text are converted into individual boxes, but it would be much easier to edit and format if there was only a few, bigger ones.

3.)     When editing text on a scanned document, the font type sometimes changes drastically. Now I know that not every font out there can be perfectly mirrored into such a program, but is there a way to get closer to it? A particular problem seems to be, that certain letters just are way out of place (really bold although in normal style, etc). If a font changes somewhat, that's fine, just it should be consistent through the different letters.

4.)     Is there a way, short of moving all the text and graphics into a new pdf file, to remove the dirty photocopier background from a document, using Acrobat? You know, the grainy, greyish background that older documents have after having been photocopied on old machines?

Thank you for every answer!