2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2016 6:00 AM by Silly-V

ScriptUI palette issue

Silly-V Adobe Community Professional

Hello.

I have a script which has an initial dialog box come up and after it is dismissed, the script goes through the document pages and does some processing. While it does this processing, it also puts up a palette which shows a progress bar.

This used to work well, but after either I updated Indesign or updated to El Capitan, for some reason now the following happens:

the initial dialog box does not get dismissed until the processing ends, and the progress bar palette does not get shown at all.

Not only that, but the dialog is still up in the font even after I went to another program. - It hangs on the screen and can be dragged around but is always in front.

Indesign itself goes into "non-responsive" mode.

Anyone else experience such an issue?

My system is:

Mac El Capitan 10.11.6

Indesign 2015.4 release

• 1. Re: ScriptUI palette issue
          Harbs. Level 6

Check that app.scriptPreferences.enableRedraw is set to true.

If that doesn't help, you can run the second part of the script in an idle handler.

• 2. Re: ScriptUI palette issue
            Silly-V Adobe Community Professional

Hello! Thank you!

Unfortunately app.scriptPreferences.enableRedraw = true; did not have any effect.

What do you mean by "idle handler" ?

Also here's an attached screenshot of the weird thing that's happening whereby I am using the web browser in front and yet the dialog box still remains in the front of it.

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 7.57.01 AM.png