4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2016 9:38 AM by Dave LaRonde

Footage randomly turns Green?

theostpf

I've downloaded some YouTube videos using sites like savefrom and keepvid, and when I download at any other resolution other than 720p (which is recommended), it becomes a plain green screen when imported (I can watch them fine outside of Premiere Pro). When I import 720p, it's completely fine. Does anyone know this is doing that?

Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 12.02.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-15 at 12.02.19 AM.png

AE Version: After Effects CS6 11.0.3.6

Computer: MacBook Retina 13-Inch (some i5 chip that apple doesn't tell you @ 2.7GHz, 8GBs of nondescript DDR3 RAM, Integrated Intel Iris Graphics (1.5GB of VRAM)

Tell me if you need any other info

• 1. Re: Footage randomly turns Green?
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
          when I download at any other resolution other than 720p (which is recommended), it becomes a plain green screen when imported

what other resolutions are you trying to import?  can't you just use the 720 and scaling it down as you wish in Ae? you can never know what encoding is taking place in this host sites. it could be related to a codec pack you have in your computer that can handle the decompression of that file.

AE Version: After Effects CS6 11.0.3.6

this is not the most updated almost bug free version of this release. you should update it to 10.0.4

Adobe - After Effects : For Macintosh : Adobe After Effects CS6 11.0.4 Update

Oh oh... Adobe products are not yet fully supported for this Os. this could be related or not to your problem.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Footage randomly turns Green?
            theostpf Level 1

I'm trying to download in 1080p, because I'm trying to use a displacement map for said footage and it doesn't seem to apply the effect to a scaled video.

• 3. Re: Footage randomly turns Green?
              Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
              I'm trying to download in 1080p

I am not exactly sure why this is happening. firstly you should update your software. secondly try to download from different sites.

I'm trying to use a displacement map for said footage and it doesn't seem to apply the effect to a scaled video.

this should not be a problem using any size of displacement map on any size of video. what exactly is your setup and what is happening when you say it does not apply?

• 4. Re: Footage randomly turns Green?
                Dave LaRonde Level 6

In addition to Roei's recommendations -- the huge, very-big 2 being that you're running a non-approved OS and not the most up-to-date CS6 version -- you might try transcoding the footage.  Lord only knows what media container & codec it's in.

Even then, there are no guarantees.  Your AE version came out 5 years before your OS.  There have been a couple-three changes along the way, dontcha know.